Gearing up for the Lok Sabha Polls which are now weeks away, the Indian National Congress on Saturday released the fourth list of 27 Candidates for the upcoming Lok Sabha Polls. Out of the total 27 Candidates, 2 from Arunachal Pradesh, 5 from Chhattisgarh, 12 from Kerela,7 from Uttar Pradesh and one for Andaman Nicobar Island.
Pary has named Shashi Tharoor from Thiruvananthapuram and heavyweight Harendra Malik from Kairana to take on BSP-SP’s Tabbussam Hasan in the upcoming Polls. The Congress Central Election Committee further finalized the names of :
The Congress Central Election Committee announces the fourth list of candidates for the ensuing elections to the Lok Sabha. pic.twitter.com/yaRNLtdbPt
— Congress (@INCIndia) March 16, 2019
- Nabam Tukii from Arunachal West
- James Lowangcha Wangle from Arunachal East
- Khel Sai Singh from Surguja reserved seat
- Laljeet Singh Rathia from Raigarh reserved seat
- Ravi Bhardwaj from Janjgir-Champa reserved seat
- Deepak Baij from Bastar reserved seat
- Biresh Thakur from Kanker reserved seat
- Hibi Eden from Ernakulam Lok Sabha Seat
- Raj Mohan Unnithan from Kasargode
- K. Sudhakaran from Kannur
- M.K. Raghavan from Kozhikode Seat
- V.K. Sreekantan from Palakkad
- Remya Haridas from Alathur reserved seat
- T.N. Pratapan from Thrissur
- Benny Behanan from Chalakudy
- Dean Kuriakose from Idukki
- Kodikunnil Suresh from Mavelikera reserved seat
- Anto Antony from Pathanamthitta
- Shashi Tharoor from Thiruvananthapuram
- Arvind Singh Chauhan from Gautam Budha Nagar
- Harendra Malik from Kairana Lok Sabha Seat
- Indira Bhatti from Bijnor
- Om Prakash Sharma from Meerut
- Brijender Singh from Aligarh
- Pritam Lodhi from Hamirpur
- Bal Krishna Chauhan from Ghosi Lok Sabha Seat
Andaman and Nicobar Island
Kuldeep Rai Sharma from a lone seat of the Island.
Now the party has released a total of 77 Candidates. Earlier the party has released three lists of Candidates first of 11, second of 21 candidates and third of 18 respectively. In the second list, Party has named Priya Dutt for Mumbai North Central Seat while in Uttar Pradesh, the party has fielded its UP state chief Raj Babbar on Moradabad Parliamentary Seat.
Party in its first list maintaining the tradition has fielded its President Rahul Gandhi from Amethi, while United Progressive Alliance Chairperson Sonia Gandhi will be on electoral fray from home turf – Rae Bareli.
Election Commission had on March 10 declared schedule for General Elections 2019. Lok Sabha Polls are slated for April-May this year that would spread on Seven Phases starting from April 11 to May 19. Counting of Votes and Results for the mega Battle of ballots will be announced on May 23 four days after the 7th phase of voting.
- Lok Sabha Polls 2019: SP Rebel Shivpal Yadav’s PSPL may join hands with Congress in ‘UP Hunt’
- Lok Sabha Polls 2019: Pawan Kalyan backs Mayawati as next PM as BSP-JSP announce to go together in Telangana & Andhra
- Chandrababu Naidu’s TDP releases a list of 126 Candidates for Andhra Pradesh State Polls