Gearing up for the Lok Sabha Polls which are now days away, the Indian National Congress on Tuesday released its 18th list of 20 Candidates for the mega battle of ballots. The Rahul Gandhi-led party in the list named 4 Candidates from Gujarat, 3 from Jharkhand, 2 from Karnataka, 2 from Odisha, 1 from Himachal Pradesh, 1 from Dadra and Nagar Haveli, and 6 from Punjab.
The Party’s central election Committee named Former Union Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal from Chandigarh, Dr. CJ Chavda has been named by the party to take on BJP President Amit Shah in Gandhinagar Lok Sabha Seat. The Congress Central Election Commission has selected following candidates for the upcoming Lok Sabha Polls 2019.
Congress releases a list of 20 candidates for #LokSabhaElections2019 ; 4 from Gujarat, 3 from Jharkhand, 2 from Karnataka, 2 from Odisha, 1 from Himachal Pradesh, 1 from D&N Haveli, and 6 from Punjab. Pawan Kumar Bansal to be Congress candidate from Chandigarh pic.twitter.com/gNcAoW005k
— ANI (@ANI) April 2, 2019
- DR, CJ Chavda from Gandhinagar
- Geetaben Patel from Ahmedabad East
- Somabhai Patel from Surendranagar
- Murubhai Kandoriya from Jamnagar
- Pawan Kajal from Kangra
- Subodh Kant Sahay from Ranchi
- Geeta Kora from Singhbhum ST
- Sukhdeo Bhagat from Lohardaga ST
- Vinay Kulkarni from Dharwad
- HB Manjappa from Davanagere
- Manas Jena from Jajpur SC
- Panchanan Kunungo from Cuttack
- Sunil Jakhar from Gurdaspur
- Gurjit Singh Aujla from Amritsar
- Santosh Singh Chaudhary from Jalandhar SC
- Dr. Rajkumar Chabbewal from Hoshiarpur SC
- Ravneet Singh Bittu from Ludhiana
- Preneet Kaur from Patiala
- Pawan Kumar Bansal from the lone seat of Chandigarh
Dadra and Nagar Haveli
- Prabhu Ratnabhai Tokiya
With this list, Congress has now released a total of 348 Candidates with a total of 22 Candidates in Karnataka where the party has decided to go in an alliance with JD(S).
Party in a run-up to the national elections has named Priya Dutt for Mumbai North Central Seat, Urmila Matondkar from Mumbai North while in Uttar Pradesh Party Chief Raj Babbar has been named from Fatehpur Sikri Lok Sabha Seat
Party in its first list maintaining the tradition has fielded its President Rahul Gandhi from Amethi, while United Progressive Alliance Chairperson Sonia Gandhi will be on electoral fray from home turf – Rae Bareli.
Apart from this, the Congress President will also contest from Wayanad Lok Sabha Seat in Kerela.
Ruling Bhartiya Janta Party has also started rolling out lists of Candidates with PM Modi seeking re-election from Varanasi Parliamentary Seat, BJP President Amit Shah contesting from Gandhinagar Seat replacing LK Advani.
Lok Sabha Polls are slated for April-May this year that would spread on Seven Phases starting from April 11 to May 19.
Counting of Votes and Results for the mega Battle of ballots will be announced on May 23 four days after the 7th phase of voting.
- Lok Sabha Polls: ‘Janta Maaf Nahi Karegi’; BJP unveils Advertisement slamming Congress for Raising Questions
- Lok Sabha Polls: Upset with BJP for anti-labor policies; Trade Unions extend Support to Congress-NCP in Maharashtra
- Lok Sabha Polls 2019: Former Navy Admiral Ramdas to approach EC against Yogi Adityanath’s remarks ‘Modiji Ki Sena’