Gearing up to unseat Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik, Indian National Congress on Tuesday released the fifth list of 9 candidates for the state polls of Odisha that slated to clubbed with General Elections. Earlier the party in its initial four lists announced candidates on 114 Assembly seats, with 36 on first, 54 on the second, 3 and 20 in subsequent lists.
Congress in its third list of Candidates Santosh Kumar Nanda from Jajpur Assembly Seats. Other names are:
- Manas Das Patnaik from Balasore
- Smruti Rekha Pahi from Dharmasala
- Santosh Kumar Nanda from Jajpur
- Trinath Behra from Hindol SC
- Bhabani Sankar from Mohapatra from Kamakhyaanagar
- Bobby Mohanty from Baramba
- Arindam Sarkel from Paradeep
- Yudhister Samantary from Pipli
- Prithvi Ballabh Patnaik from Begunia
— ANI (@ANI) April 2, 2019
Both BJP and BJD have also started rolling out lists of Candidates for the state Polls.
The Odisha State Polls will be clubbed with the General Elections 2019. The State will Poll on the four rounds of Polling starting from April 11. The State has a total of 147 State Assembly while having 21 Lok Sabha Seats. Currently, BJD has 117 lawmakers in the state assembly.
The Counting of votes for the mega battle of ballots and the State Polls will take place on May 23, four days after last round of polling.
- Odisha State Polls 2019: Congress replaces Candidate from Hinjili Assembly Seat; releases another list
- Lok Sabha Polls: ‘Janta Maaf Nahi Karegi’; BJP unveils Advertisement slamming Congress for Raising Questions
- Lok Sabha Polls: Upset with BJP for anti-labor policies; Trade Unions extend Support to Congress-NCP in Maharashtra