Amid heavy speculations regarding the Karnataka Cabinet, Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa has announced the names of 3 Deputy Chief Minister. He appointed Govind Makthappa Karajol, Ashwath Narayan CN and Laxman Sangappa Savadi as the deputy chief ministers of the state.
Laxman Sangappa Savadi, one of the deputy chief ministers, is neither an elected MLA or MLC. Despite that, he has got the charge of the Transport department. Ashwath Narayan CN has received the charge of Higher education, Science & Technology, IT and BT. Govind Makthappa Karajol has bagged the portfolios of Public Works department and an additional charge of Social welfare department. Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa will look after all the unallocated portfolios.
Karnataka Governor Vajubhai Vala also allocated cabinet portfolios to the selected 17 ministers in the cabinet.
Govind Makthappa Karajol, Dr. Ashwath Narayan CN, & Laxman Sangappa Savadi appointed as Deputy Chief Ministers of Karnataka. Portfolios also allocated to 14 other State Ministers. pic.twitter.com/7zGu6uh5bV
— ANI (@ANI) August 26, 2019
BS Yeddyurappa had expanded his Cabinet on August 20 by inducting 17 legislators. The inducted ministers received the following portfolios-
- Minister of Rural Development and Panchayat Raj- K.S.Eshwarappa
- Minister of Revenue Department excluding Muzrai- R. Ashoka
- Minister of Large and medium scale industries excluding Sugar- Jagadish Shettar
- Minister of Health and Family Welfare excluding Medical Education- B. Sriramulu
- Minister of Primary & Secondary Education and Sakala- S.Suresh Kumar
- Minister of Housing- V.Somanna
- Minister of Tourism, Minister of Kannada and Culture- C. T. Ravi
- Minister of Home Department excluding Intelligent Wing- Basavaraj Bommai
- Minister of Muzrai from Revenue Department, Minister of Fisheries, Ports and Inland Transport- Kota Srinivas Poojary
- Minister of Law, Parliamentary Affairs and Legislation, Minister of Minor Irrigation from Water Resources Department- J. C. Madhu Swamy
- Minister of Mines and Geology from the Commerce and Industries Department- C. C. Patil
- Minister of Excise- H. Nagesh
- Minister of Animal Husbandry- Prabhu Chauhan
- Minister of Women and Child Development, Minister of Empowerment of differently Abled and Senior Citizens- Jolle Shashikala Annasaheb