The Yogi Adityanath led Uttar Pradesh Government on Thursday presented its third Budget in the Uttar Pradesh. State Finance Minister Rajesh Aggarwal presented the Budget in the House for 2019-20 with an outlay of ₹4.79 lakh crore. Earlier both Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and Finance Minister Rajesh Aggarwal arrived in the Assembly with the Budget Briefcase.
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and Finance Minister Rajesh Agarwal with the budget briefcase. The state finance minster will table the budget today in UP Assembly. pic.twitter.com/PsiCOtcVnL
— ANI UP (@ANINewsUP) February 7, 2019
This is the third Budget of the BJP Government in the state after it stormed to power in March 2017. The outlay for coming fiscal year is 12 percent higher than the current year’s budget Rs 4.28 lakh crore. The budget speech was read by the state finance Rajesh Agarwal minister in the presence of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath.
In order to improve the aviation Sector, State Government allocated Rs 1000 crore for development of airports, Rs 800 crore for an airport in Jewar and 200 crores in Ayodhya. While in a bid to develop Metro lines, the Uttar Pradesh Cabinet has allocated Rs 175
crore for Metro rail projects in Kanpur and Agra, Rs 150 crore for the initial work of Metro rail projects in Varanasi, Meerut, Gorakhpur, Prayagraj and Jhansi besides Rs 400 crore for Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut regional rapid transit system.
While the Government has allocated Rs 459 crore allocated for modernization of Arabic/Persian language Madrasas.
UP Budget 2019: Rs 247.60 crore has been allocated for the maintenance of cow -shelters in rural areas and Rs 200 crore allocated for 'Kanha Gaushala and Besahara Pashu Ashram' in urban areas pic.twitter.com/3eC22lnmAP
— ANI UP (@ANINewsUP) February 7, 2019
Yogi led Government in the state has allocated Budget to set-up Sainik Schools across the state. The 2019-20 budget has made a provision of Rs 26.57 crore to set up Sainik schools in the state. A provision of Rs 10 crore has been made to set up government inter-colleges (both boys and girls) in the state.
The Finance Minister in his Budget Speech also announced Rs 1200 crore for a new scheme called the ‘Kanya Sumangala Yojna’ to be started from the next financial year “with a view to raise health and educational standard of girls, brighten their future, bring in a positive change in the thinking towards women and instil a sense of respect towards them.
The State Government allocated Rs 1,298 crore for the Ayushman Bharat National Health Protection Mission Scheme. A provision of Rs. 291 crore was also made for ‘Pradhan Mantri Vandana Yojna’. Rs 111 crore under the state-funded Mukhya Mantri Jan Arogya Abhiyan to benefit the eligible beneficiaries deprived of Ayushman Bharat-National Health Protection Mission Scheme., and an arrangement of Rs. 47.50 crore for setting up of 100-bed hospitals in the districts of the state.
The Bhartiya Janta Party Government also allocated 6,000 crores for Swachh Bharat Mission (Rural).
The State Government also allocated Rs 204 crore for modernization of police force and Rs. 700 crore for construction of 36 new police stations, expansion of Training capacity of Police and P.A.C. personnel and construction of barracks.
Rs. 700 crore has been allocated for construction of Type-A and Type B (residential buildings) of the police department and Rs. 400 crore for construction of 07 police lines in newly created districts of the state. Rs. 200 crore for construction of residential and nonresidential buildings in 57 fire stations of the state.
The Yogi government allocated Rs. 247.60 crore for maintenance and construction of Gaushalas in the rural areas. An arrangement of Rs. 200 crore for Kanha Gaushala and Destitute Cattle Shelter Scheme in urban areas was also proposed.
Highlights of State Budget 2019-20
- ₹1,075 crore has been allocated to acquire land for construction of residential and non-residential buildings in newly created districts and newly created courts in the state.
- ₹2,579 crore has been allocated under the Old Age and Farmers’ Pension Scheme.
- ₹50 crore has been allocated for Wi-Fi facility in all the colleges and universities.
- ₹242 crore has been allocated to provide grant-inaid to Sanskrit Pathshalas in order to encourage education of Sanskrit.
- ₹2,275 crore has been allocated for Mid Day Meal programme.
- ₹1,100.61 crore has been allocated for flood control and water drainage projects.
- ₹1,812.56 crore has been allocated for the works of Saryu Canal National Project.
- ₹1,727 crore has been set aside for the second phase of Central Ganga Canal Scheme
- ₹850 crore has been allocated to connect the villages and settlements through concrete link roads under various schemes.
- ₹845 crore allocated for ‘Mukhya Mantri Kisan Evam Sarvhit Bima Yojna’.
- ₹1,000 crore has been allocated for construction, expansion and strengthening of airstrips in UP.
- ₹908 crore has been set aside under the scheme for upgrading identified district hospitals into medical colleges in the state.
- ₹150 crore has been allocated to provide electricity to the Powerloom weavers at subsidized rates.
- ₹100 crore has been earmarked under the Mukhyamantri Yuva Swarojgar Yojna.
- ₹250 crore allocated for One District, One Product (ODOP) scheme.
- 6,000 crore has been allocated for Swachh Bharat Mission.
- ₹224 crore has been proposed for Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Rurban Mission.
- ₹2,954 crore has been allocated for the National Rural Drinking Water Programme and ₹1,393 crore for National Rural Livelihood Mission.
- ₹3,000 crore allocated for piped drinking water scheme in Bundelkhand, Vindhya region and the villages affected by low quality water.
- ₹3,488 crore set aside for implementation of National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme.
- ₹6,240 crore set aside for the financial year 2019-20 under the Pradhanmantri Avas Yojna.
- ₹247.60 crore has been allocated for maintenance and construction of Gaushalas in the rural areas.
- Govt estimates to earn ₹165 crores from cess imposed on liquor which it will use for the upkeep of stray cattle.
- ₹200 crores has been allocated for upkeep of stray cattle in urban areas.
- ₹800 crore has been allocated for Jewar airport and ₹200 crore for the airport in Ayodhya.
- ₹910 crore has been earmarked for a scholarship for minority community students.
- ₹459 crore has been allocated to Arabi Farsi Madrassas in the state.
- UP govt to launch Kanya Sumangla Yojana for the welfare of girls, ₹1,200 crore has been allocated for the same.
- ₹300 crore and ₹200 crore respectively has been set aside for special programmes in Poorvanchal and Bundelkhand respectively.
- ₹13,135 crore has been allocated for development of roads under PWD, Rs 2,100 crore for construction of bridges.
- ₹207 crore has been allocated for development and beautification of a corridor from Ganga ghat to Kashi Vishwanath temple.
- ₹101 crore has been earmarked for development of prominent tourist places in Ayodhya and Rs 125 crore has been allocated for Braj teerth.
- ₹27 has been allocated for a facelift of Gar Mukhteshwar shrine. ₹300 crore allocated for development of shrines.
- UP finance minister says its biggest earnings for 2019-20 to come from GST at ₹77,000 crore, followed by Rs 31,000 crore from excise and ₹78,000 crore from Motor Vehicle Tax
- ₹248 crore has been allocated for cancer institute to be set up in Lucknow.
- ₹700 crore allocated for establishing 36 police stations along with barracks and police lines development, ₹ 200 crore for the establishment for housing in 57 fire stations and Rs 204 crore for police modernization.
- ₹111 crore allocated for beneficiaries left out in PM Ayushman Yojna under CM Arogya Abhiyan.
- Varanasi, Gorakhpur, Prayagraj, Meerut, and Jhansi to get metro rail connectivity in the new plan, Rs 150 crore earmarked for the same.
- Vedic Vigyan Cente at Banaras Hindu University to be given an allocation of Rs 16 crore – the biggest single chunk in last decade to any research center by state govt.
- ₹500 crore has been allocated for land acquisition to develop Defence Corridor along with Bundelkhand Expressway.
- ₹3,194 crore allocated for Purvanchal, Gorakhpur and Bundelkhand Expressways.
- Basic education gets an allocation of Rs 18,845 crore.
- ₹150 crore earmarked for regional air connectivity.
- ₹8 crore allocated for Mathura Vrindavan auditorium.
- ₹5 crore allocated for Ramlila Maidan boundary walls.
- ₹400 crore has been allocated for seven Police lines.
- ₹700 crores allocated for strengthening police infrastructure including police stations.
- ₹21,000 crore set aside for new schemes in UP.
UP govt tables a budget of ₹4.79 lakh crore, this is an increase of 12 percent from 2018-19.
Special Cess has been imposed on liquor sales in Uttar Pradesh. Out of the cess, estimated revenue of Rs. 165 crore will be utilized for the maintenance of destitute cattle-heads of the state. The UP government has also made a provision of Rs. 20 crores for establishment and reconstruction of cattle impounding houses in its annual budget. Rs 56 crore has been allocated for setting up a new dairy in Mathura.
The Budget Session that began amidst Chaos is slated to conclude on February 22.