Chief Minister had earlier sworn in 23 MLAs as ministers. 6 of the newly added ministers were given Cabinet portfolios. This is the first reshuffle of the Yogi government since he came to power in Uttar Pradesh.
The departments that have been retained under the supervision of Yogi Adityanath are-
Secretariat Administration, Privacy, Vigilance, Appointment, Personnel, Information, Election, Institutional Finance, Planning, State Property, Municipal Land, Uttar Pradesh Reorganization Coordination, Administrative Reforms, Program Implementation of national integration, infrastructure, Home, Housing and Urban Planning, Revenue, Food and Logistics, Civil Supplies, Food Safety and Drug Administration, Earth and Numbers, Geology and Mining, Flood Control, Tax Registration, Prisons, General Administration, coordination, language, externally aided project, the absence, assistance and rehabilitation, public service management, rent control, consumer protection, weight measurements and etc.
The portfolio of Public Works, Food Processing, Entertainment Tax, Public Enterprises Department has been accorded to the Deputy Chief Minister Mr. Keshav Prasad Maurya. While the other Deputy Chief Minister Dr. Dinesh Sharma has been made the head of Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs. He will also look after Secondary and Higher Education, Science and Technology, Electronics and Information Technology Department.
In a major change under the Finance department, Suresh Kumar Khanna bagged the honor to look after it. Ashutosh Tondon got the charge of the Urban Development Ministry in the state. Medical Education and Family Welfare Department were allocated to Jai Pratap Singh.
Jai Pratap Singh will replace Sidharth Nath Singh, who was also the state’s spokesperson. Satish Dwivedi will oversee the Basic Education Department for the state.
OTHER MINISTERIAL RESPONSIBILITIES-
1. Surya Pratap Shahi- Agriculture, agricultural education, agricultural research
2. Suresh Khanna– Parliamentary work, city development, urban overall development
3. Swami Prasad Maurya- Labor and service scheme, urban employment and poverty alleviation
4. Satish Mahana- Industrial Development
5. Rajesh Agarwal- Finance
6. Rita Bahuguna Joshi- Women welfare, family welfare, maternal and child welfare, and tourism
7. Dara Singh Chauhan- Forest and environment, animal parks, gardens,
8. Dharampal Singh- Irrigation, irrigation (mechanical)
9. SP Singh Baghel- Livestock, minor irrigation, fishery,
10. Satyadev Pachauri- Khadi, Village Industries, Silk, Textiles, Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, and Export Promotion
11. Ramapati Shastri- Social welfare, Scheduled Castes, and Tribes welfare
12. Jai Prakash Singh- Excise, and prohibition
13. Om Prakash Rajbhar- Backward Classes Welfare, Disabled Public Development
14. Brijesh Pathak- Law and justice, additional energy sources, & political pension
15. Laxmi Narayana Chaudhary- Milk development, charitable work, culture, minority welfare
16. Chetan Chauhan- Sports and youth welfare, vocational education, skill development
17. Shrikant Sharma- Energy
18. Rajendra Pratap Singh- Rural Engineering Service
19. Siddharth Nath Singh- Medicine and Health
20. Mukut Bihari Verma- Cooperation
21. Ashutosh Tandon- Technical education and medical education
22. Nand Kumar Nandi- stamp and court fee, registration civil aviation department.
State Ministerial Responsibility-
(1) Gulabo Devi – Social Welfare, Scheduled Caste, and Tribe Welfare,
(2) Jai Prakash Nishad – Livestock and Fisheries, State Property, Municipal Land,
(3) Archana Pandey – Mining, Excise, Prohibition,
(4) Jai Kumar Singh Jackie – Prison, Public Service Management,
(5) Atul Garg- Food Rules, Civil Supplies, Rent Control, Consumer Protection, Weight Measuring, Food Safety, and Drug Administration
(6) Ravindra Pratap Singh- Agriculture, Agricultural Education, Agricultural Research,
(7) Neelkanth Tiwari- Law, Justice, Information, Sports and Youth Welfare,
(8) Mohsin Raza- Science and Technology, Electronics, Information Technology, Muslim Waqf, and Haj
(9) Girish Yadav- City Development, Lack of Assistance and Rehabilitation
(10) Baldev Olakh- Minor welfare, irrigation, irrigation (mechanical),
(11) Mannu Kori- Labor Service Scheme,
(12) Sandeep Singh- Basic, Secondary, Higher, Technical, Medical Education and
(13) Suresh Pasi- Housing, Vocational Education, Skills Department.
Minister of State (Independent Charge)-
(1) Anupama Jaiswal- Basic education, child development, and nutrition, revenue (MOS), finance (MOS)
(2) Suresh Rana- Sugarcane development and sugar mills, industrial development (MOS)
(3 ) Upendra Tiwari- Water supply, land development, and water resources, fallow land development, forest and environment, animal parks, gardens, cooperatives (MOS)
(4) Dr. Mahendra Singh- Rural Development, Total Village Development, Medicine and Health (MOS)
(5) Swatantradev Singh- Transport, Protocol, Energy (MOS )
(6) Bhupendra Singh Chaudhary- Panchayati Raj, Public Works (MOS)
(7) Dharam Singh Saini- Ayush, Lack of Assistance and Rehabilitation
(8) Anil Rajbhar- Military welfare, food processing, home guards, provincial guard teams, civil security
(9) Swati Singh- NRI, Flood Control Agricultural Export, Agricultural Marketing, Agriculture Foreign Trade, Women Welfare, Family Welfare, Maternal, and Child Welfare (MOS) Department.