LinkedIn, world’s largest professional network has released the list of top 25 most sought after startups by professionals in India. The list is based on LinkedIn’s analysis of the actions taken by more than 50 million LinkedIn users in India.
The company used the proprietary data that included employment growth, engagement, job interest, and attraction of top talent combined with the editorial lens to arrive at the list.
“Professionals turn to LinkedIn for news, views, and insights to stay informed, to hire, or to get hired. LinkedIn’s data helps us identify the top trends that drive India’s young economy – why these are the most preferred places to work for professionals today and how their innovative business ideas are changing the way we live,” said Adith Charlie, India Editor, LinkedIn.
B2B startups make up 50% of the list, while 20% of the startups are focused on deep technology domain.
Here is the complete list of all 25 startups:
- OYO: Gurugram-based OYO was founded by Ritesh Agarwal in 2013. India’s leading hospitality startup has more than 100,000 rooms across 230 cities with an overseas presence in Malaysia, China, and the UK.
- Curefit: Bengaluru-based Curefit was founded by Ankit Nagori and Mukesh Bansal. It is a wellness and fitness startup that offers different health services like cult.fit, eat.fit, mind.fit, and care.fit.
- Dunzo: Bengaluru-based Dunzo is an on-demand delivery startup founded by Ankur Aggarwal, Dalvir Suri, Kabeer Biswas, and Mukund Jha.
- Rivigo: Gurugram-based logistics startup Rivigo was founded by Gazal Kalra and Deepak Garg in 2014. It provides a digital trucking marketplace to facilitate on-demand truck supply.
- Digital Insurance: Bengaluru-based Digital Insurance is an online general insurer that boasts of approving 87% claims in 24 hours.
- Little Black Book: New Delhi-based Little Black Book is a local discovery platform, founded by Suchita Salwan in 2012. It enables its customers to discover stores, experiences, and restaurants.
- Republic World: Arnub Goswami’s Republic World is an Indian English language news channel, headquartered in Mumbai.
- The Minimalist: Mumbai-based The Minimalist is a design agency founded by two IIT graduates Chirag Gander and Sahil Vaidya in 2015.
- Razorpay: Bengaluru-based payments gateway solution provider Razaorpay was founded by Harshil Mathur and Shashank Kumar in 2013. It
- Nineleaps: Bengaluru-based Nineleaps accelerates product development for other startups by providing web and mobile application services.
- Innov8: New Delhi-based Innov8 is a co-working space provider founded by Ritesh Malik, Shailesh Gupta, and Sumit Ranka in 2015.
- Schbang: Mumbai-based integrated digital solutions agency Schbang was founded by Harshil Karia, Sohil Karia, and Akshay Gurnani in 2015.
- Acko General Insurance: Mumbai-based digital insurance startup Acko was founded by Varun Dua in 2017. It provides a technology-enabled platform to simplify buying and using insurance.
- Treebo Hotels: Bengaluru-based Treebo was founded by Kadam Jeet Jain, Rahul Chaudhary, and Sidharth Gupta in 2015. It provides a hotel discovery and booking platform to provide better deals to its customers.
- InCred: Mumbai-based fintech startup InCred was founded by Bhupinder Singh in 2016. It uses data science and technology to facilitate quick and hassle-free lending.
- Jumbotail: Bengaluru-based Jumbotail was founded by Ashish Jhina, Ashish Jhina, and Karthik Venkateswaran 2015. It is an online B2B marketplace connecting neighbourhood store with their suppliers.
- Zapr Media Labs: Bengaluru-based Zapr was founded by Deepak Baid, Sajo Mathews, and Sandipan Mondal in 2012. It provides a media consumption repository to help broadcasters, research agencies, and brands through its data-driven insights.
- BrowserStack: Mumbai-based mobile app and web testing platform BrowserStack was founded by Nakul Aggarwal and Ritesh Arora in 2011.
- Udaan: Bengaluru-based B2B trade platform Udaan was founded by three former Flipkart executives Amod Malviya, Sujeet Kumar, and Vaibhav Gupta in 2016.
- SigTuple: Bengaluru-based healthtech startup SigTuple was founded by Apurv Anand, Bharath Cheluvaraju, Rohit Pandey, and Tathagato Dastidar in 2015. SigTuple builds intelligent solutions for medical diagnosis using state of the art machine learning techniques.
- UpGrad: Mumbai-based edtech startup UpGrad was founded by Mayank Kumar, Phalgun Kompalli, Ravijot Chugh, and Ronnie Screwvala in 2015. UpGrad offers industry-relevant courses in subjects such as digital marketing, data science and product management.
- InterviewBit: Pune-based e-learning startup InterviewBit was founded by Abhimanyu Saxena and Anshuman Singh in 2014. It provides a platform to learn the skills needed for technology jobs.
- Shuttl: Gurugram-based bus aggregation startup Shuttl was founded by Deepanshu Malviya in 2015. It provides an app-based office shuttle service to offer cheaper and reliable mode of transportation.
- Meesho: Bengaluru-based online reselling marketplace Meesho was founded by Sanjeev Barnwal and Vidit Aatrey in 2015. It uses social media platforms like WhatsApp and Facebook to connect sellers directly with suppliers.
- Exadatum: Pune-based Exadatum provides products and services in artificial intelligence and machine learning by quicker, cheaper and standardised big data implementation.