Everyone likes to visit the best of destinations and want to explore the beauty of nature. Going on a trip is the best way to relax oneself and give a pause to the busy and tiring work hours. Not only is it a refreshing idea but also an opportunity to enrich your wealth of experiences with adventures and exciting tales. A guide is always recommended when you go on a trip. Here is your one such guide- Tripoto which is the best travel sharing platform. With the travel stories and portfolios, you can plan your getaway according to your choice and eventually share the beauty of that place on this platform.
Tripoto, which is an online travel community was established in September 2013 by two Indian School of Business (ISB) alumni, Anirudh Gupta and Michael Pargal Lyngdoh. It is headquartered in New Delhi.
Tripoto primarily being a global community for travelers, reviews restaurants, hotel for stays, travel destinations. Currently, it provides various packages for trips to wildlife destinations, family vacations, and others. It offers partnerships with other outlets for expanding their services range and making them more convenient for the travelers. Let’s have a look at its revenue streams:
- Advertising, they generate maximum revenue by advertising weekend getaways, family vacation spots, and help in exploring beautiful destinations and fuel the urge to travel.
- Lead generating, they help to find the restaurant and suggest trendy stays for the spending on vacations. From hotels to cozy stays, this site is a one-stop solution for travelers. They even give exquisite packages to explore the world.
- They also generate revenue through hotel and flight bookings.
Tripoto has received a series of funding from various investors over the years.
- It received a funding of $400K from Palaash Ventures and Outbox Ventures on Nov 11, 2014.
- Received funding of $500K from IDG Ventures India on March 19, 2015.
- Received funding of INR 5.5 Crores from IDG Ventures on Nov 1, 2015.
- Received series-A funding of $2M from GWC Innovator Fund on March 1, 2017.
Initially, this was a platform where people could share their travel stories and by sharing various contents on travel destinations, they help to guide people in choosing their place of interest. Eventually, they have come up with rewarding policies for all those who share their stories here. They are working to build an ecosystem wherein people can make a living by traveling.
Tripoto believes in travel planning and works upon strategies for improvement in what they do in their space. In the Indian market, they have competitors like TripHobo, HolidayIQ and in global markets, Vayable, Advenjo, which is also a social media platform for travelers.