It is very rightly said that the surrounding greatly affects our mood, productivity, creativity, and innovativeness, thus it is much essential to keep it aesthetically pleasing and comfortable. Nowadays, interior aesthetics of a place be it your Apartment, office or a Villa, holds key to signify the reputation and maintaining the luxury of the place by rich looks. Conventionally getting the interior setup requires enormous time and even then the outcomes are not guaranteed. It is very rightly said that “Necessity is the mother of invention”, to stand up to this problem, Urban Ladder, came up with the most pragmatic solution. It is a start-up who came up with the creative idea of providing completely manufactured interior furniture and decor with exotic designs and great diversity in their collections at pocket-friendly prices and saving precious time of people. The best part of it is that it is all available at your fingertips as an online store with a complete catalog of modular designs.
Urban Ladder was founded in 2012 with a vision of making a million Indian homes beautiful. Co-founded by IIM-B alumni, Ashish Goel is the CEO and Rajiv Srivatsa is the CPTO of this start-up which is headquartered in Bangalore, India.
- Kalaari Capital invested seed funding of $US 1 million in August 2012.
- SAIF Partners along with Kalaari Capital invested $US 5 million in a series A round.
- The company raised a funding of $US 21 million in series B round, led by Steadview Capital along with SAIF Partners and Kalaari Capital.
- Sequoia Capital and TR Capital invested $US 50 million on 9 April, 2015.
- Received $12 million from investors Kalaari Capital, Saif Partners, Sequoia Capital, Steadview Capital in February 2018.
Urban Ladder has both online and offline business model for furniture distribution. It also renders services through Amazon and Flipkart to boost sales and strengthen the furniture business of these online platforms. With the increase in demand, it is continually launching a wide range of collections like the Malabar, the Eleanor & Louise, and the Fujiwara range.
- It has launched design consultation as a service in 2016.
- It has also teamed up with external designers as an initiative to connect and build a community of interior designers on a single platform. With this community of Urban Ladder Design Network increasing every month, it proves to be beneficial for the partnered designers. They get priority inventory blocking on Urban Ladder’s product and a commission when their clients select Urban Ladder’s design.
- It has partnered with Zefo and Quikr to provide furniture exchange offers wherein the old furniture will be picked up, and the new ones will be delivered to the customer at no additional cost.
Currently, Urban ladder has a firm grip on the furniture e-commerce market and provides complete interior decorations solution across 75 cities in India through its portal. Urban Ladder has various competitors like Pepperfry.com, Livspace.com, HomeLane.com and many more that are existing key players in online furniture e-commerce and provides a diversity of options for customers.
With the unprecedented growth of residential areas, there has been an explosion of the online furniture market and it is likely to grow by 10 times in the next 20 years and provide the most diversified collection of furniture pieces. Urban Ladders has also launched ‘Urban Interiors’ to help customers furnish their home seamlessly with the help of interior design services.