The Indian startup ecosystem, in the second week of October, in total has raised around $112 million (approx INR 795 crore ) across 15 deals.
In the latest format of weekly funding, the IndianWire has brought to you the detailed analysis of the funds, raised by multifarious startups.
Please follow the chart, incorporated by the IndianWire Staff in order to get updated about the funding activities, described in few words:
- NeuroLeap: An applied neuroscience startup, has bagged an undisclosed amount of funding from Rajashree Birla, chairman of Aditya Birla Centre for Community Initiatives and Rural Development, and Sminu Jindal, MD at Jindal SAW.
- GeoIQ: A location intelligence startup, has bagged an undisclosed amount of funding from IP Ventures. The platform GeoIQ will utilize the funds to expand its tech team, improve product development and focus on marketing.
- Juno: Sequoia Capital‘s Surge and Ploychain Capital have invested $3 million (INR 21 crore) in a seed round in neo bank platform Juno.
- DealShare: A regional social commerce company, has secured around $8 million (approx INR 56 crore) in its series A round of funding led by Matrix Partners India and Falcon Edge Capital.
- CleanseCar: A daily car cleaning and repair service platform, has raised $2 million (approx INR 14 crore) in pre-series A round from slew of investors, including Haldiram’s Family Office, Apoorv Ranjan Sharma, founder, Venture Catalysts and Rahul Bothra, CFO, Swiggy.
- Smytten: An online discovery platform, has raised $1.5 million (approx INR 10 crore) in a fresh funding round from Roots Ventures. The startup Smytten will use the fresh funds to expand the user base, infrastructure and offline presence. While, the total funding raised by the platform after this round has reached $3 million (approx INR 21 crore).
- Vahdam Teas: An online tea brand, has bagged INR 75 crore as part of its series C funding round from Sixth Sense Ventures, HNIs, and a clutch of investors.
- Vahan.ai: A jobs marketplace platform, has secured an undisclosed amount of capital from Khosla Ventures, Founders Fund and Pioneer Fund. The Y Combinator-backed platform Vahan.ai will utilize the funds to scale up and expand operations.
- Hevo Data: In a view to grow base of customers in the US and other western markets, Hevo Data, an unified data platform for mid-size enterprises, has bagged $4 million (approx INR 31 crore) in seed funding from Sequoia Capital‘s Surge and Chiratae Ventures.
- BASIX Sub-K iTransactions: A fintech startup, has secured $10.5 million (INR 75 crore) series C round from Maj Invest. The platform BASIX Sub-K iTransactions will use the funds for business expansion and strengthening its technology stack.
- Melorra: A fine jewellery brand, has secured $12 million (approx INR 85 crore) in funding round from Lightbox Ventures, BlackSoil Capital and a clutch of other investors.
- Ola: Ahead of its preparation for public listing, Ola, a cab-hailing unicorn startup, has now received the first infusion of INR 35.88 crore from its IPO trust.
- Rapido: A bike taxi startup, closed its series B funding round at INR 390.11 crore from a bunch of new and existing investors.
- Hilt Brands: A consumer healthcare products startup has raised $985 (approx INR 70,000) in seed round of funding from undisclosed investors.
- Kosha: A clothing brand to manage extreme temperatures, has secured a seed round with participation from Tres Monos Capital and Narendra Hiranandani.
Besides the funding galore, Indian startups also initiated some of the acquisition deals through the week.
- BAC Acquisition (BACQ), founded by Flipkart‘s co-founder Sachin Bansal, is reportedly, all set to acquire Essel Mutual Funds after the former got approval from Competition Commission of India (CCI) on October 7.
For details of the acquisition, click here: Flipkart co-founder Sachin Bansal’s BAC Acquisition set to acquire Essel Mutual Funds after getting approval from CCI
- Oyo and SoftBank Group-backed joint ventures, has bought around 80 per cent stake in MDI for $100 million. The deals is said to benefit OYO in leveraging MDI’s strong network and business development capabilities in Japan’s real estate market.