As we mentioned about the Huawei’s upcoming premium mid-tier smartphone the Huawei Honor 9 Lite has been briefly leaked on the China Telecom website confirming the actual price tag. In fact, the phone will be made available in two iterations. The entry-level model with 4 GB RAM and 32 GB onboard flash storage and a premium version with 4 GB RAM and 64 GB onboard flash storage.
In terms of pricing, the Huawei Honor 9 Lite will retail in China for CNY 2,000 and CNY 2,400. If we make a direct conversion to Indian rupees, it will be around ₹20,000 and ₹24,000. Considering the fact that the Huawei Honor 9i with the same set of features will cost a lot less (₹17,999) for the 4 GB RAM and 64 GB storage, this phone does not make any sense at all. In fact, the only differences between these models are the fact that, this phone offers a slightly smaller 5.7-inch display with glass sandwich design. Let’s look at the actual tech specifications for the further understanding.
- Offers a 5.69-inch FHD+ IPS LCD display with 18:9 aspect ratio with narrow bezels.
- The display is protected by 2.5D curved tempered glass on the top.
- Offers a glass sandwich design with a metal mid-frame.
- Powered by HiSilicon Kirin 659 Octa-core processor with 4 GB RAM.
- Storage comes in either 32 GB or 64 GB with an additional SD card slot.
- Dual camera setup on the back with 13 MP RGB shooter and a 2 MP depth sensing shooter with portrait mode and 1080p video recording capability.
- Dual front-facing camera with 8 MP RGB shooter and a 2 MP depth sensing shooter with portrait mode and 1080p video recording capability.
- Runs on EMUI 8.0 based on Android Oreo.
- Features a 2700 mAh Li-ion battery with normal charging capability.
- Offers dual SIM card slots with 4G LTE and VoLte capability on both the slots.
Huawei is all set to launch the Honor 9 Lite in China on 21st December, where the remaining features will be unveiled.