LG has launched a new flagship smartphone called, the LG Signature Edition. This is a beefed-up version of the LG V30, which comes additional features which makes this smartphone a next level flagship smartphone. This device is a true upgrade over the LG V20. This device has taken hints from LG G6 and evolved with all the necessary changes that one might need in this price bracket.
The smartphone is available in South Korea, however, LG only making 300 of these so it will be available for a very limited time. In terms of design and aesthetics, the device is a one to one copy of the LG V30. However, the back plate of the phone now uses Zirconium Ceramic, instead of tempered glass on the original iteration. The device does get a huge upgrade over storage as well. The LG Signature Editon comes with a whopping 256 GB onboard flash storage and 6 GB of LPDDR4x RAM.
The remaining specifications remain identical to that of the original LG V30 or the LG V30+. Here are the complete details on the actual tech specifications of the LG Signature Edition.
- Offers a 6.0-inch edge to edge bezel-less POLED 18:9 aspect ratio display with QHD+ resolution and support for Dolby Vision and HDR 10 complaint.
- Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Octa-core Mobile Solution with 6 GB RAM and 256 GB onboard flash storage.
- Retains 3.5 mm headphone jack with a Quad-DAC, which can drive headphones with high impedance.
- Dual camera setup on the back with a 16 MP main shooter with F/1.6 aperture and optical image stabilization + 13 MP wide-angle lens with 120 viewing angle with F/1.9 aperture.
- 5 MP selfie camera with F/2.2 aperture and up to 90-degree wide angle lens.
- Runs on Android Oreo 8.0 with LG UXI 6.0+ experience.
- Supports dual SIM cards with 4G LTE and VoLte on both the slots.
- Offers wireless charging via Qi-certified wireless chargers.
- Does support fast charge capability via USB type C port, with o to 50 percent in 30 minutes?
- IP68 certified so the device can survive in 1-meter deep water up to 30 minutes.
- Rear-facing fingerprint scanner also doubles as the power button.
- Support NFC, Bluetooth 5.0, and Gigabit LTE out of the box.
- weights just 158 grams, making it the lightest premium flagship smartphone.
To conclude, the LG Signature Edition is a dream come true flagship smartphone from LG, however, the only drawback of this phone would be the front-facing selfie camera. Except that, it has everything at a perfect place and even doesn’t feel bulky what so ever. The smartphone is expected to retail for $1000 (₹ 65,000) and will only available in South Korea until stock lasts.