Meizu has officially announced the E3 in China. The Meizu E2 is a mid-range device that packs in an impressive set of hardware for the given price. Meizu has also released a limited edition Meizu E3 J-20 Edition that is named after the J-20 fighter Jet and comes with a custom J-20 case and a memory card.
The Meizu E3 features a 5.99-inch FDH IPS LCD display and runs on the Snapdragon 636 SoC alongside Adreno 509 GPU and 6GB of RAM. On the storage front, the users can choose between 64GB or 128GB of internal memory. The imaging options on the Meizu E3 include a dual-camera setup. Interestingly the camera lens comes with a sapphire glass, a feature that is usually found in the high-end devices.
The rear camera is made up of a 12-Megapixel Sony IMX362 sensor with f/19 lens and dual-pixel autofocus. The other sensor is a 20-Megapixel Sony IMX350 unit with f/2.6 and PDAF. Also present is a dual-tone flash. The camera app offers a portrait mode and 2.5 x lossless zoom. The front camera on the Meizu E3 is an 8-Megapixel unit.
The Meizu E3 comes with a full metal body and the fingerprint sensor is placed on the right side, a feature that is common on the Sony Xperia phones. According to Meizu the sensor is always on and will unlock the phone in just 0.2 seconds. The Meizu E3 is backed by a 3,300 mAh battery that supports fast charging of up to 20W. On the software front, the device runs on Flyme OS7 with Android 7.1.2.
Meizu E3 Specifications:
- CPU: 1.8 GHz Snapdragon 636 octa-core processor
- RAM: 6 GB
- GPU: Adreno 509
- Operating System: Flyme OS 7 based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat
- Display: 5.99-inch Full-HD+ (2160 X 1080 pixels) IPS LCD Display with 2.5D curved glass and 18:9 aspect ratio
- Rear Camera: 12MP (f/1.9) + 20MP (f/2.0) with PDAF, Bokesh Mode, Sapphire Glass Lens, 2.5 x Lossless Zoom and dual-Led flash
- Front Camera: 8MP with f/2.0 aperture, Face AE Automatic Face Recognition and ArcSoft Adaptive Skin Beauty Algorithm
- Internal Storage: 64/128 GB
- External Storage: Expandable up to 128 GB via microSD card
- SIM: Dual Hybrid SIM
- Connectivity: 4G, GPS, Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi 802, 11 ac/b/g/n, 3.5mm headphone jack, USB Type-C
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner
- Colour: Black, Champagne Gold, Blue
- Battery: 3360 mAh with 20W Fast Charging