Xiaomi India’s most anticipated entry-level Android smartphone AKA the Xiaomi Redmi 5A, dubbed as the “Desh Ka Smartphone” is now official. As Manu Jain made the official announcement that, the device will be made available in India from 7th December via multiple channels like Mi.com Mi Home and Flipkart.
For the first 5 million buyers, the smartphone will be sold at the price tag of ₹4,999. For this price tag, this smartphone is a steal deal, in fact, the smartphone easily wins over the competitive smartphones like the Nokia 2, Samsung Galaxy J2 (2017), and the Moto C like a breeze. To make this even more interesting, Reliance Jio has also boarded the Xiaomi Redmi 5A bus and offered a tailor-made prepaid plan for the customers.
The company has come up with a new prepaid recharge plan for ₹199 per month, which offers unlimited voice and video calls, unlimited text message, unlimited caller tune change, and unlimited 4G data (speed capped at 1 GB per day) for 28 days. Not only this, if a user recharges the same plan for the first 12 months, then on the 13th month, one will receive a flat cashback of ₹1,000 (10 coupons of face value 100). These coupons can be redeemed for the upcoming minimum recharge value of ₹306 of higher. So, from Reliance perspective, the effective price of the smartphone will come down to ₹3,999. This plan is only available for Xiaomi Redmi 5A users and no other smartphone buyers can enjoy these benefits.
So, a new smartphone with high-speed 4G data will be a truly “Desh Ka Smartphone”.
The Xiaomi Redmi 5A is an upgraded version of the Xiaomi Redmi 4A but cost 15 percent less than the same. Though we don’t appreciate the plastic build and missing fingerprint scanner, for the price tag we don’t complain about it either. So, here are the complete features of the “Desh Ka Smartphone”
- Offers a standard 5.0-inch HD 720 IPL LCD screen with 2.5D curved glass protection on the top.
- Powered by best-in-class Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 Quad-core SoC with 2 GB LPDDR3 RAM and 16 GB onboard flash storage.
- Made In India (Assembled in India).
- Sports a 13 MP main camera + 5 MP selfie camera with PDAF and HD video recording capability.
- Offers Infrared blaster, which can be used as a universal remote.
- The 3000 mAh Li-ion battery is sealed inside which offers up to 7 hours of video playback and 21 hours of audio playback (can watch Baahubali 1 and Baahubali 2 on a single charge).
- Typical MiUi 9 based on Android Nougat and expected to receive Oreo in the update in the future.
- Offers a dedicated micro SD card slot + dual nano-SIM card slot, so that the user doesn’t have to compromise on dual SIM feature or storage.
- Offers dual graphite sheets, which helps to dissipate the heat quickly.
So, whats your view on the Xiaomi Redmi 5A? Share your views in the comment box.