Xiaomi India has launched two new smart power banks in India, dubbed as Mi PowerBank 2i, which now comes in a capacity of 10,000 and 20,000 mAh. Until today, all the Mi branded smartphones were made in China, for the first time, to balance the supply and demand chain, the company has started a new power bank manufacturing plant, which can manufacture up to 7 power banks per minute.
According to the brand, one of the most sold product in their portfolio is the power bank, and now due to the local manufacturing, the company should be able to sell these power banks at an affordable price tag without compromising on the quality.
These power banks will be manufactured in their newest manufacturing plant, located in Noida. As a matter of fact, this is the third manufacturing plant from the company, and most of the articles sold by the companies are manufactured in here with the best technology and at most precision.
Highlights of the Xiaomi Mi Powerbank 2i (10,000 and 20,000 mAh capacity):
10,000 capacity Xiaomi Mi Power Bank 2i:
- Priced at ₹799
- 5 volts and 2 amps or 9 volts and 2 amps input rating, so, this power bank can charge from nothing to 100 percent in just 4.5 hours.
- 5 volts and 2 amps, or 9 volts and 2 amps, or 12.5 volts and 1.5 amps of an output voltage, depending on the charging device with fast charging capability.
- up to 93 percent of the conversion ratio
- single USB type-A port and a micro USB port design.
- low power mode can be used to charge small articles like Mi Band and Mi Band 2, Mi Bluetooth headphones with just a touch of a button.
- weights at 240 grams with an all-metal unibody design.
20,000 capacity Xiaomi Mi Power Bank 2i:
- Uses all new ABS Plastic encasing for the better grip and overall protection.
- Given an output of 5.1 volts and 3.6 amps where two gadgets are connected at a time.
- When a single device is connected 5 volts and 2.4 amps, or 9 volts and 2 amps, or 12.5 volts and 1.5 amps with Qualcomm Quick charge 3.0 capability out of the box.
- supports fast charging with up to 5 volts 2 amps and 9 volts 2 amps input, which charges the complete power bank in just 6.7 hours.
- Low power mode to charge voltage sensitive articles.
- Weights 358 grams
Both Xiaomi Mi Power Bank 2i features 9 layers of security, which should prevent from overcharging and catching accidental fire. These new power banks will be available from 23rd November noon via Flipkart and Xiaomi Mi Homes across the country.
So, what do you think about these power banks? Share your views in the comment box below.