According to the latest data released by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI), Vodafone Idea betas Reliance Jio in terms of the total number of subscribers and continues its reign as the top telecom operator in India.
From the released reports, Jio was said to be the top telecom operator in the country for a brief period between July-end and mid-August. However, in all of its reports so far, TRAI has put Vodafone Idea as the biggest telecom operator. The latest TRAI data records figures until July 31.
According to the latest data released by TRAI:
- Vodafone Idea Tops with 380 million subscribers,
- Reliance Jio has 339.8 million subscribers,
- Airtel has 328.5 million subscribers.
Airtel Tops in Active users:
- Airtel is actually the largest wireless operator in the country in terms of the active subscribers with – 94.95 percent,
- Jio has 83.07 percent, active subscribers,
- Vodafone Idea has 81.9 percent of active subscribers.
TRAI gives the credit in an increased number of the total number of wireless subscribers to 1,168.3 million by the end of July to Reliance Jio and BSNL. Jio added 8.5 million subscribers, whereas BSNL added just over 290,000. All other operators continued with their losing streak, with Vodafone Idea losing the greatest number of subscribers from June-end to July-end. This has been the trend for the past many months.