Summer vacation gives you a great opportunity to spend quality time with your family and bond. We have curated a list of top 7 destinations that you must visit with your family this holiday season! Now just book your tickets right away and get ready to make new memories.
Manali has a laid-back charm about it that attracts travelers from all over the country. If you are looking for a family retreat in the mountains, then the green landscape, snow-clad hills, quaint locales and multiple adventure spots make Manali the perfect destination for a family vacation this summer.
Best things to do while in Manali:
- Explore the Buddhist Monasteries
- Pay your homage at Hadimba Temple
- Go Zorbing in Solang Valley
- Do Paragliding in Solang Nullah
- Indulge in Rafting in Pirdi(Beas River)
- Trek to Beas Kund
- Visit the Temples at Jagatsukh
- Shop at the Manu Market.
Famously known as the “Gateway to Garhwal Himalayas’’, this town located near the foot of the Himalayas is among the best tourist spots you can throng during the summer season. It is also a renowned pilgrimage spot for the Hindus as the river Ganga courses through its alleyways. It also boasts several wonderful shrines and yoga ashrams. The town is considered to be a haven for adventure junkies as it offers a plethora of adventure sports such as river-rafting, paragliding, bungee jumping, cliff jumping, camping, rappelling, kayaking, flying fox and waterfall trekking.
Best things to do while in Rishikesh:
- Visit the Lakshman Jhula and the Ram Jhula bridge
- Plan a picnic at the Patna Waterfall
- Experience bliss at the Swarg Ashram
- Offer your prayers at the Neelkanth Mahadev temple
- Visit Triveni Ghat
- Explore the Vashishta Gufa
- Visit the Gita Bhavan
- Dive into some adventure at Jumpin Heights
If you wish to travel to the North East and explore some hidden gems tucked away in the wilderness, then head to Meghalaya along with your family this summer. Famously called ‘The Abode of The Clouds’, this hilly state is lush with a dense pine cover and is dotted with rocky cliffs throughout its beautiful landscape. Also, Cherrapunji and Mawsynram are among the wettest places on Earth, where it rains almost all year round.
Best things to do while in Meghalaya:
- Visit the Kaziranga National Park and take the amazing Jeep Safari or Elephant Safari
- Go for sightseeing in Shillong. Visit Ward’s Lake, Shillong Peak, and Don Bosco Museum
- Explore the Sacred Forest and study its history, inhabiting tribes and the culture they follow
- Head to Cherrapunji and visit the incredible Mawsmai and Mawmluh caves en route. Explore the mesmerizing Elephant falls and Nohsngithiang falls too, on the way.
- Take a refreshing dip in the pristine waters of the Dawki river, that runs along the Indo-Bangladesh border
- Visit Mawlynnong, the cleanest village in Asia, and explore the double-decker living root bridge, the only one in the world.
4. Vagamon, Kerala
If you are tired of visiting North India in the summer for its hilly landscape, you could head to Vagamon in Kerala. Located in the Western Ghats, this is a place of inexplicable beauty with its valleys, meadows and (pine) forests. So if you are willing to travel South, head to this tranquil town that is still untouched by commercialization and is painted in different shades of green!
Best things to do while in Vagamon:
- Go paragliding at Mundakayam Ghat to satiate the adrenaline-junkie in you
- Explore the luscious Maramala and Vagamon Falls
- Head for a long trek up the enchanting Pine Hills
- Go boating and enjoy a fun picnic at Ulipooni Wildlife Sanctuary
5. Khajjiar, Himachal Pradesh
Khajjiar is a beautiful, sleepy town situated close to Dalhousie which is known for its scenic hills, charming lakes and wonderful apple orchards (found in the villages of Rota and Ladi). You can take your entire family to catch a gorgeous view of the sunset and sunrise here, which will definitely make everyone fall in love with this old town.
Best things to do while in Khajjiar:
- Indulge in horse-riding and Zorbing
- Play Golf at the beautiful nine-hole golf course in the town
- Head to the Kalatop Wildlife Sanctuary and keep an eye out for bears, leopards, and the Himalayan Black Marten
- Unwind near Khajjiar Lake and Chamera Lake
6. Coonoor, Tamil Nadu
Nestled in the lap of the Nilgiris and bright-green tea estates, Coonoor is a quiet hill station located about 6000 ft above the sea level, exuding the kind of rare charm that very few places can boast of. At a distance of 18 km from Ooty, this enthralling hill station is plush with tea plantations and makes for a great getaway trip.
Best things to do while in Coonoor:
- Visit the exotic Sim’s Park that has over 1000 varieties of ancient/rare plant species from all over the world.
- Head to Highfield Tea Estate and watch exactly how tea is processed. Sip some for yourself and let your taste buds be the judge!
- Host a picnic at Lamb’s Rock, which has got one of the most scenic views of tea/coffee plantations.
- Make a visit to the bespoke Catherine Falls.
- Do not forget to travel on the heritage train between Ooty and Coonoor.
7. Bhandardara, Maharashtra
Located on the banks of the River Pravara and surrounded by the captivating Sahyadri mountain ranges, Bhandardara is an alluring hill station in the Western Ghats. A 185-km-drive away from Mumbai, you get the perfect break from the hustle and bustle of city life in Bhandarkar’s cascading waterfalls and lush green fields.
Things to do while in Bhandardara:
- Splurge on a picnic beside the Umbrella Falls and the Randha Falls
- Climb uphill to Mount Kalsubai and soak in the gorgeous view of the highest peak of the Sahyadri region
- Spend your afternoon lounging on a boat on Arthur Lake
- Visit the 200-year-old Ratangad Fort and Harishchandragad Fort and uncover history mired in their remains.
How to find a good accommodation – While you are planning to visit these places, one of the most important things to plan is the stay. Always look for a hotel that provides with great service and comfort. It should also be value-for-money. One great option is to pick any Treebo property. Treebo Hotels is India’s largest budget hotel chain which offers great guest experience across 400+ hotels in 75+ cities.
Hope you have a great summer holiday! Do share your travel experience with us here.