Ajmer is the pilgrimage city of Rajasthan. It is surrounded by the beautiful Aravalli Hills. The city is located 135 km away from the capital of Rajasthan, Jaipur. The city boasts numerous monuments belonging to the Mughal era and also famous for its traditional handicrafts. Due to its splendid culture and historic property, it has been selected as one of the heritage cities for HRIDAY- Heritage City Development and Augmentation Yojana scheme of Government of India.
- Ajmer Sharif Dargah: – Muslims consider this place, as one of their holiest places. It has a Sufi Shrine, enclosing the grave of Sufi saint Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti. The shrine has three gates- The Nizam gate, The Shah Jahan gate, and The Buland Darwaza. Urs festival is celebrated every year to mark the presence of this great Sufi saint on this land.
- Anasagar Lake: – Anasagar Lake is an artificial lake which adds color to the portrait of Ajmer. It was built by the grandfather of great Prithviraj Chauhan. It is spread over 13 km and attracts huge population due to its scenic beauty. To add to the beauty of this Lake, a beautiful garden is built beside, named Daulat Bagh.
- Pushkar: – Pushkar is majorly attracted by the international guests and is 14 km away from Ajmer. Pushkar Lake is surrounded by 500 temples and 52 palaces. The only Brahma Temple in India is also situated here. The Famous Pushkar Fair is celebrated here every year.
- Nareli Jain Temple: – It is the holy place for the people following Jainism as their religion. It is situated on the outskirts of Ajmer and consists a big ideal of Buddha.
- Soniji Ki Nasiyan: – It is another holy place for the devotees of Jainism. It is also known as Ajmer Jain temple popular for its ornated architecture.
- Adhai Din Ka Jhonpda: – This place was built in just two and half days, and now called as Adhai Din ka Jhonpda. It is one of the oldest mosques in India.
- Mayo College: – It is one of the best boarding schools in India. It was founded by an Englishman in 1875 to provide education to princes and nobles of Rajputana.
- Sai Baba Temple: – It is located on the way to the Prithviraj statue. It’s interior is same as that of Sai Baba temple of Shirdi. It attracts huge devotees towards itself.
- Prithviraj Samarak: – This place is built to mark the achievements of great leader Prithviraj Chauhan. It is located on the way to Pushkar while traveling from Ajmer.
Plan an amazing trip to Ajmer.