Afghan Prez Ashraf Ghani vows action plan to secure civilian casualties in ongoing war with Taliban

Must Read

Howdy, Modi! : World media reactions on Modi-Trump’ grand Houston Event address

New Delhi, Sep 23: United States President Donald Trump and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi on late Sunday shared...

Howdy Modi : Modi-Trump mark history in US-India relationship with great show at Houston

Houston, Sep 22:  Modi, delivering his speech at the historic event, talks about the development underwent over five years...

ECI announces dates of Maharashtra & Haryana elections; Single Phase Election on October 21; Result on 24th

Election Commission of India has announced the dates of much-awaited state elections. According to the Chief Election Commissioner, Sunil...

Kabul, Sep 20: Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani vowed on Friday to introduce steps to secure civilian casualties in the pertaining war against the insurgent group, the Taliban, in the nation, Reuters reported.

The statement came a day after the US claimed the responsibility of a drone attack on Thursday in the eastern Afghan province of Nangarhar, that claimed the lives of at least 30 civilians.

He made these promises while addressing his presidential election rally in Jalalabad – the capital of Nangarhar suburb. The presidential elections are slated to begin on September 28 across war-torn Afghanistan.

On Tuesday, the Taliban chief negotiator Sher Mohammad Abbas Stanikzai said their “doors are open” if United States President Donald Trump seeks to relaunch peace talks – aimed at putting an end to the 18-year-long war and crisis in Afghanistan, in near future.

Stanikzai’s statement came after a week when Trump declared the Afghan Peace Process was “dead”. Earlier this month, both the sides had seemed close to an agreement to end the Afghan civil war.

During an exclusive interview with BBC, he said US-Taliban negotiations remained “the only way for peace in Afghanistan”. The negotiator told BBC a ceasefire between foreign troops and the Taliban would have been reached and come into effect after the deal was inked. However, no such truce would have existed between the Afghan forces and the Taliban.

He added intra-Afghan negotiations would have kicked-off on Sep 23 and had an arrangement reached, and would have also included talks over wider ceasefire.

Meanwhile, Afghan national security advisor Dr. Hamdullah Mohibt told the BBC the Taliban “intimidation tactics” won’t succeed, adding, “The only way they can see peace in Afghanistan is by negotiating with the Afghan government.”

 

Also read: Taliban willing to resume Afghan peace-talk with US : Chief Negotiator Stanikzai

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -

Latest News

This is Why Sadak 2 is So Special for Alia Bhatt

Bhatt family is busy in shooting for Sadak 2, which is the sequel of Sadak that featured Pooja Bhatt...

Mrunal Thakur looks incredible in a black outfit, check out the pictures

Actress Mrunal Thakur has been making a slow and successful transition from television to films. She recently shared some of her pictures on her Instagram...

Taapsee Pannu and Bhumi Pednekar on clash of ‘Saand ki Aankh’ with Akshay Kumar’s ‘Housefull 4’

This Diwali is a treat for film lovers as a number of big films are going to be released on the occasion including Housefull...

Pro-independence strike takes place in Catalonia

Barcelona, Oct 18 (IANS) Pro-independence unions in Catalonia took out a general strike on Friday to protest against the Spanish Supreme Court's ruling that...

After Haryana, Airtel now shuts Punjab 3G network

Chandigarh, Oct 18 (IANS) After Haryana, Airtel on Friday announced that it has shut down its 3G network in Punjab too.Mobile broadband services in...
- Advertisement -

More Articles Like This