Pakistan foreign minister has said on Monday his country has “reliable intelligence” which India is planning a new attack this month, drawing criticism from India which has described the claims as “irresponsible”.
According to Reuters news reports, foreign minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi’s comment has come after seeing a de-escalation of tensions with India following the February 14th Pulwama terror attack in Jammu and Kashmir on Indian CRPF personnel convoy.
Qureshi told reporters: “We have reliable intelligence that India is planning a new attack on Pakistan. As per our information, this could take place between April 16 and 20.”
On Sunday, he said Pakistan had told the United Nations security council’s (UNSC) five permanent members about its concerns.
In a statement, spokesperson for Indian foreign office said, “India rejects the irresponsible and preposterous statement by the foreign minister of Pakistan with a clear objective of whipping up war hysteria in the region.”
The spokesperson added, “This public gimmick appears to be a call to Pakistan-based terrorists to undertake a terror attack in India.”
The Indian foreign office said it has reserved the right to respond decisively and firmly to any cross-border militant attack, further accusing Islamabad of being complicit in the attack on New Delhi.
Pakistan has earlier on Sunday summoned Indian deputy high commissioner in order to protest against “misadventure”, according to Mohammad Faisal, Pak foreign office spokesperson.