Seoul, Sep 16: North Korean leader Kim Jong-un sent an invitation letter to his United States counterpart Donald Trump to pay an official visit to Pyongyang in August, as per a South Korean state-run newspaper report on Monday, citing diplomatic sources.
The letter was the second that Trump had received from Kim in the midst of stalled denuclearization talks between two nuclear nations, following North Korea’s latest conduct of short-range missiles’ test last week, according to Al-Jazeera news reports.
In the letter sent to Trump in the last week of August, Kim spoke of a willingness to resume talks, calling for another summit with the US president, a source reportedly told the Joongang Ilbo newspaper.
North Korea has conducted a test of super-large multiple rocket launcher under the supervision of leader Kim Jong-un, state-run KCNA media reported on Wednesday.
Kim claimed the rocket launcher’s capabilities have been finally “verified in terms of combat operation”, and what continues to be completed with the launcher is a “running fire test”, the KCNA said, without offering further information over the test.
While experts said North Korea conducts weapons tests for a scope of purposes, including specialized improvement and consolation for the resistance foundation, Tuesday’s dispatches seemed to have been coordinated to make an impression on Washington, for example, what may occur if the United States doesn’t come to chats with North Korea with practical recommendations.
US President Donald Trump and the North Korean leader this year held their historic bilateral summit aimed in Hanoi but ended abruptly due to both leaders’ difference as Trump stressed over Kim’s last year commitment to denuclearize the Koran peninsula but Kim focused over the sanction relief.