North Korea condemns Washington sanctions, warns to block denuclearization

North Korea has on Sunday, condemned the United States administration over stepping up its latest sanctions and the pressure over the nuclear armed country, warning that the policy could “block the path to denuclearization on the Korean peninsula forever”.

Criticism from North Korea came after the US announced on Monday, that he it had imposed sanctions over three North Korean officials, which includes Choe Ryong Hae, the right hand of North Korean President Kim Jong-Un, for their alleged role of abusing human rights.

According to news reports, the North Korea has praised the US President Donald Trump over his “willingness” and efforts made to improve relations with Pyongyang, but however, has said the state department of the US was “bent on bringing the DPRK-US relations back to the status of last year which was marked by exchanges of fire”.

In an official statement, North Korean foreign minister said Washington had taken “sanctions measures for as many as eight times against the companies, individuals and ships of not only the DPRK but also Russia, China and other third countries …”

According to the statement, if US believes that its increment in sanctions and pressure would force Pyongyang to give up its nuclear weapons, “it will count as (its) greatest miscalculation, and it will block the path to denuclearization on the Korean peninsula forever – a result desired by no one”.

The statement by foreign minister was released under the policy research director of the Institute for American Studies.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here