Ukraine security officials on Wednesday, said the Ukraine will be sending again its warships back to the Azov Sea port, despite of Russian seizure of three Ukrainian navy vessels with some of their crew members last month.
Since Moscow’s 2014 annexation of Crimea, both the nations – Ukraine and Russia, has been fighting leading death of more than 10,000 people in the battles between two troops of the nation.
The dispute between two nations deepened after Russia captured two small Ukrainian gunboats with one tugboat including 24 of its crew members off Crimea, accusing Ukraine of entering illegally in Russian waters via the Kerch Strait.
While in an exclusive interview, secretary of the nation security and defence council of Ukrainian government Oleksandr Turchynov said, “Russia’s aggression will not stop our plans to create a naval group in the Sea of Azov.”
He further said, “If we stop and retreat, Russia will actually fulfill its task of capturing the Sea of Azov, present the world with self-determined new sea borders in the Black Sea, de facto legalizing the occupation of Crimea.”
He said Kiev would be inviting representatives of transatlantic military ally NATO and OSCE (Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe) next time on board to prove that Ukraine was not violating any kind of regulations.
Russian foreign ministry spokesperson Maria Zakharova said the intentions of Ukraine sending warships back via Kerch Strait was a “provocation”.