An Iranian navy commander on Monday, said Iran is now ready to respond to any of actions from the United States but still it does not consider a significant threat over the arrival of US aircraft carrier into the Gulf region.
According to news reports, Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari said, “The presence of this warship is insignificant to us.” Sayyari further said, “We will not allow this warship to come near our territorial waters in the Persian Gulf.”
Sayyari said just as the Iranian navy could sail into the Atlantic Ocean near the US waters, the US navy was also allowed to sail into the international waters near Iran.
However, he said Iran was already alerted for a possible threat from the US. Sayyari said, “They do not have the courage or ability to take any measures against us. We have enough capabilities to stand against their actions and we have fully rehearsed for that.”
On Saturday, elite revolutionary guards of Iran had launched a war games in the Gulf, which concluded commandos, rocket launchers, drones, helicopters and navy vessels.
While praising the “success” of that war games, guard’s spokesperson Brigadier General Ramezan Sharif on Monday, said: “The Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman has had more safety and security in the last 10 months in the absence of a U.S. aircraft carrier.”
Since the US President Donald Trump had in May, took itself out from a worlds powers’ nuclear deal with Iran and re-imposed its sanctions on its energy and banking sectors, a US-Iranian war had been since escalated.
Iran has threatened to not give access to other regional countries to do so, if Iran itself cannot sell its Iranian crude oil because of the US sanctions, and threatened to block the Strait of Hormuz.