WHO shows disappointment over China for not granting entry to coronavirus experts

Geneva: World Health Body chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus on Tuesday said that the World Health Organization (WHO) is disappointed with China for not permitting the team of Coronavirus experts to investigate the origin of the coronavirus.

He said, “Over the past 24 hours, members of the international scientific team on COVID-19 virus origins began traveling from their home countries to China. Today we learned that Chinese officials have not yet finalized the necessary permissions for the team’s arrival in China.”

The WHO chief said that the official visit was according to the game plan was created together between WHO, the Chinese government, and nations for which the group was intended to go through on their approach to Wuhan.

He added, “I am very disappointed with this news given that two members had already begun their journeys and others were not able to travel at the last minute. But I have been in contact with senior Chinese officials and I have once again made clear that the mission is a priority for WHO and the international team. WHO is keen to get the work done “as soon as possible.”

The Chinese government had previously said it would give the WHO’s expert team full access to investigate the virus’s origin in Wuhan city.

Meanwhile, China has rejected criticism of its treatment of early cases that arose in late 2019, a few chiefs including US President Donald Trump have slammed Beijing’s activities during the outbreak. Trump has regularly considered it the ‘ChinaVirus’ and has over and again called the Chinese government to be considered responsible for “this plague”.