Telangana was formed as the 29th state of the country on June 2nd, 2014 after the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh. The Third anniversary of Telangana Formation Day (Telangana avirbhava dinotsavam) is scheduled to be held on June 2, 2017.
The Telangana government has piled up a number of programmes to celebrate its 3rd anniversary of the formation of the State, which will last for three days. The state celebrates the formation day with magnificence every year which includes various events lined up showcasing the cultural activities in the state.
The celebrations would start with the Chief Minister, K Chandrashekar Rao hoisting the national flag at the Police Parade Grounds followed by ceremonial parade to be reviewed by Chief Minister at the Parade Grounds on Friday. He will than visit Gun Park, in front of the state assembly to pay tributes to the Telangana Martyrs. Azmeera Chandulal, Minister for tourism and culture informed that, Telangana government has released Rs 15 crore to the districts to organize celebrations.
2.27 crore is being spent on the awards with state-level award winners getting a cash prize of Rs 1.16 lakh and district-level awards – Rs 51,000 cash prize. 53 persons will be honoured by the CM on the eve of Telangana Formation Day while ministers and representatives will present awards to 341 persons in other districts.
Chief Minister, Chandrashekar Rao will also highlight three important schemes which will help in reviving the rural economy and empower women socially and financially.
- First scheme is that the State government is planning to distribute of 84 lakh sheep to Yadav and Kurmi communities. Starting with this year, the government proposes to distribute 42 lakh sheep as part of the scheme.
- Second important scheme – Amma Vadi – KCR Kits will be distributed for newborn babies and a financial assistance of Rs 12,000 each to mothers. The aim is to promote institutional deliveries and zero down the maternal mortality.
- The third one is the single women pension scheme. The government has earmarked Rs 3,000 crore budget for this scheme. While about 1.18 lakh applications have already been received, the government has shortlisted about 1.8 lakh applications. Each single woman will get a pension of Rs 1,000 per month.
The Chief Minister is also likely to declare Telangana as ‘no gudumba’ State.
The celebrations will also feature Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s intiative of ‘Ek Bharat-Shresth Bharat’ which was launched last year in order to bridge the cultural gap in the country and increase the interaction between people living in different States. Regarding this The Telangana state government will invite a contingent from Haryana to take part in the celebrations as part of this initiative. Telanfana and Harayana had also entered into a formal agreement in the presence of Narendra Modi. The agreement was to promote cultural and traditional practices, and to enable people from different states to acquaint themselves with new lifestyles, food habits etc.
The main achievements of Telangana government in past three yeas are :
- Mission Kakatiya March 2015, with the aim to restore all the lakes and tanks in rural Telangana. 15.50 lakhs of acres cultivated under tanks in record setting. Ground water level increased to maximum of 15.17 metres and minimum of 1.81 metres.
- Mission Bhagiratha, with the aim to provide drinking water to every household. It will provide 100 litre of clean water per head in village, 135 litres in towns and 150 litres in municipalities. The project is proposed to be completed by December 2017.
- Harithaharam, with the aim to increase forest cover to 33%, planting of 230 crore sampling in three years. It is the second biggest human effort in the world of plantation.
- Asara Pension scheme, with the aim to protect the most vulnerable sections of the society in particular, the, physically challenged persons, people with HIV-AIDS, widows, incapacitated weavers and toddy tappers and Beedi workers.
- Initiated a pension scheme of Rs 1000/- for senior citizens in 2014.
- Aarogya Laxmi Scheme, with the aim of ensuring protection and welfare of pregnant ans lactating mothers as well as children below the age of 6, by providing one nutritious meal per day through Anganwadis.
- The Government launched the 2 BHK housing scheme for the poor and the construction of the houses has been going on at a fast pace; with several houses at several locations ready to be allotted.
- SC-ST funds, Rs 14,375 crore allocated under SC special development fund in 2017-18.
- Launched a online Public Service Commission recruitment programme in the state, with a grand success and global popularity.
- Launched the IT Investor Policy in April 2016, to further enhance the IT sector in the state. Hyderabad is considered as the safest destination for investment and is also the global IT Hub.
- TSiPASS Industrial Policy, with the aim to provide Single Window Clearance, within 15 days of application, else self-certification is provided as the legal right to the investors.
- Telangana offering uninterrupted power supply. The energy sector of Telangana has the potential to serve even the highest demands of the industry.
- T-HUB, India’s largest technology incubator to promote start ups. It covers seven specialisation – Fintech, Healthcare, Agritech, Smart Cities, Transportation and logistics, Sustainability and Social Tech.
Telangana today is home to many corporate giants like Facebook, Aoole, Microsoft, Google, IKEA, Boeing and Uber, defining it as Golden Telangan.