The Indian National Congress on Friday released its another list of 7 Candidates for the mega battle of ballots. The Rahul Gandhi-led party in the list named one Candidate each from Bihar and Jammu and Kashmir, 3 from Madhya Pradesh and two from Punjab. both the Candidates from Jharkhand.
The Party’s central election Committee named Former Union Ministers Jyotoraditya Scindia from his stronghold Guna Parliamentary Seat and Manish Tewari from Anandpur Sahib Lok Sabha Seat of Punjab.
Tewari was seeking ticket from Chandigarh Parliamentary Seat. However, the party has fielded Former Union Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal from Chandigarh Lok Sabha Seat. Reportedly, Manish Tewari was asked by the party to contest from Ludhiana Seat however Former Union Minister was not in favour.
Congress party releases their list of 7 candidates for #LokSabhaElections2019 Jyotiraditya Scindia to contest from Guna (Madhya Pradesh) and Manish Tewari to contest from Anandpur Sahib (Punjab). pic.twitter.com/NzjFiLAewo
— ANI (@ANI) April 12, 2019
Apart from these names, Following are the names announced by the party in its latest list.
- Shashwat Kedar from Valmiki Nagar
Jammu and Kashmir
- Rigzin Spalbar from Ladakh
- Jyotiraditya Scindia from Guna
- Shailendra Patel from Vidisha
- Mona Sustani from Rajgarh
- Manish Tewari from Anandpur Sahib
- Kewal Singh Dhillon from Sangrur
With this list, the party has so far released the names of 383 Parliamentary Seats.
Party in its first list maintaining the tradition has fielded its President Rahul Gandhi from Amethi, while United Progressive Alliance Chairperson Sonia Gandhi will be on electoral fray from home turf – Rae Bareli.
Apart from this, the Congress President will also contest from Wayanad Lok Sabha Seat in Kerela.
Lok Sabha Polls 2019 has already begun and 91 constituencies across 20 Staes and UTs have voted on April 11 as a part of Phase-I of Voting. General Elections 2019 would spread on Seven Phases starting from April 11 to May 19.
Counting of Votes and Results for the mega Battle of ballots will be announced on May 23 four days after the 7th phase of voting.
- Lok Sabha Polls: AAP inks Poll Tie-up with Dushyant Chautala’s JJP in Haryana; gets 3 seats in Alliance
- Lok Sabha Polls 2019: AAP charts out Poll Strategy for Punjab; Manish Sisodia Set to Address Several Rallies
- Lok Sabha Polls 2019: 15 Incidents of EVM Damage reported in Phase-I; Poll Body Calls for Action