The Supreme Court had earlier said that the meeting between Justice Chandrachud and Justice SA Bobde was a made-up affair. But a report put out by the Indian Express confirmed that it was not so. Justice Chandrachud had met Justice SA Bobde regarding discussing the contents of the letter with the latter. His letter regarding the probe into the sexual assault complaint against CJI Ranjan Gogoi takes objection on the complainant being denied a woman lawyer.
Sources also mention that this was after ‘informal consultations with more than 17 judges’ in SC. “I was compelled to walk out of the committee proceedings today because the committee seemed not to appreciate the fact that this was not an ordinary complaint but was a complaint of sexual harassment against a sitting CJI and therefore it was required to adopt procedure that would ensure fairness and equality in the highly unequal circumstances that I am placed,” the complainant said.
“The letter asks the panel to remedy all the grievances which led the woman complainant to withdraw from the probe on April 30,” reports The Indian Express.
The earlier report by The Indian Express had mentioned the date of the meeting to be 5th may different from the new report put out today which mentions the date to be 2nd May and the exclusion of Rohintan Nariman along with Justice Chandrachud in meeting Justice SA Bobde.