Jaipur, the capital of Rajasthan is popularly known as ‘Pink City’. This name has an interesting history behind it. Since pink denotes the color of hospitality, Maharaja Ram Singh of Jaipur painted the whole city pink to welcome the Prince of Whales and Queen Victoria in 1876. To maintain that legacy the whole city is still painted in the pink color to welcome their guests.
Jaipur is the major city in the ‘Golden Triangle Tour’. India’s golden triangle is a tourism circuit which connects the cities like Delhi, Agra, and Jaipur. This tour provides full satisfaction to the tourists, while the moments they live will never be forgotten.
Sightseeing in Jaipur:-
- Amber Fort and Palace: – This fort is located on the outskirts of Jaipur. It is well-known for the grandeur it features and is an integral part of the city. Besides this, it provides the spectacular view of the city from its top. Sheesh Mahal is another major attraction of Amer fort. The fort is open from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. for their visitors.
- Hawa Mahal: – Hawa Mahal or the ‘Palace of Winds’ is another major attraction of the city. It is a five-story building in the form of the honeycomb. This unique structure has 953 small windows, ornated with lattice work. The visiting hours are from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Nahargarh Fort: – To get the paranomic and sparkling view of the city, this is an ideal place for that. The fort is located on the hills of AravalliJal. Besides this, National Award winning film ‘Rang De Basanti’ was shot here, featuring the beautiful moments of the fort.
- Jal Mahal: – Jal Mahal or the ‘Palace of Water’ adds beauty to the city. A building is situated in the center of the lake, dipping almost full. Also, it is the home to numerous migratory birds and contains rich flora and fauna.
- Albert Museum Hall: – This museum displays beautiful work of local artists and craftsmen. Also, it is the home to one of the six ‘Egyptian Mummies’. One can glimpse at these from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. by paying the small amount of money.
- Chokhi Dhani: – Chokhi Dhani, artificially developed area is the perfect replica of the Rajasthani culture. One can enjoy Rajasthani food, dance, culture, tradition, music and much more all in the one place.
Fairs & Festivals: –
Besides the sightseeing, one can also enjoy the culture of Rajasthan by enjoying the festivals and fairs.
- Kite Festival: – Kite Festival is celebrated for three days in the month of January every year. The sky is covered with beautiful and colorful kites flown all over the pink city. This festival is celebrated on Makar Sankranti.
- Gangaur Festival: – It is an important festival of Rajasthan. On this day girls worship Goddess Parvati and pray for their happy married life in the future.
- Jaipur Literature Festival: – It is organized in the month of January. It celebrates the beauty and excellence of Rajasthani, Indian and International forms of writing. This festival is conducted on an international level.
Besides all these place and festivals, much more things are waiting for you in Jaipur. Jal Mahal, City Palace, Sisodia Rani Garden, Galtaji Temple, Govindji Temple, Birla Mandir all these will add brightness to your lives.
Plan a trip to Jaipur and make yourself happy.