Getting your car wrapped from the market is cool. But, Volkswagen offering a matte grey finished Polo in India sounds even cooler. You heard that right! The German carmaker has recently confirmed that the all-new Volkswagen Polo Matt Edition is coming to India soon. Also, this might be the last update on the current generation hatchback.
So is the current generation Polo has started to become irrelevant? Well, a big no. But, we expect the carmaker to launch the next generation of this crazy hatchback by the end of 2021.
- Volkswagen has revealed the all-new Polo Matt Edition for India.
- It will get a matte grey colour scheme with some minor cosmetic updates.
- The same 1.0-litre TSI engine will be powering the upcoming Matt Edition.
Volkswagen Polo Matte Edition
To start with, the major difference between the Matt Edition and regular Polo is the matte grey color scheme. Also, for an enhanced look, it comes with gloss black finished – wing mirrors, rear spoiler and door handles. Surprisingly, even the Matt Edition Polo continues to run on a set of 16-inch alloy wheels with the exact same design.
Just like the regular variant, this limited edition hatchback gets a similar treatment inside the cabin. The feature list includes a touchscreen infotainment system, ‘Climatronic’ automatic climate control, analogue instrument cluster with multi information display, cruise control and keyless entry to name a few. Further, the infotainment system supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and Bluetooth connectivity.
Under the hood, Volkswagen Polo Matt Edition comes with a 1.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine. It is extremely capable of producing 110BHP of power and a peak torque of 175Nm. It is worth mentioning that this engine comes mated to a 6-speed torque convertor with a front wheel drive powertrain. Performance-wise, it does 0-100kmph sprint in just 10.79 seconds.
German carmaker are not only known for their performance but also for the safety they offer. On the safety fronts, it gets front airbags, ABS, ESC, EBD, rear parking sensors and auto dimming IRVM among others.
Hyundai i20 and Tata Altroz are currently available with turbocharged petrol engines. Therefore, they are the perfect rivals to the Volkswagen Polo. Want to learn more about them? Here are all the details.
Currently, it is the third generation Hyundai i20 that is available in India. It is one of the most feature rich hatchback for now. However, what makes it stand apart from its rivals is the multiple engine options on offer. Hyundai has priced the i20 between Rs.6.80 Lakhs to Rs.11.33 Lakhs (ex-showroom, Delhi).
- Engine – 1197cc (Petrol); 1493cc (Diesel); 998cc (Turbo Petrol)
- Power – 82BHP (Petrol); 99BHP (Diesel); 118BHP (Turbo Petrol)
- Torque – 115Nm (Petrol); 240Nm (Diesel); 172Nm (Turbo Petrol)
- Price – Rs.6.80 Lakhs to Rs.11.33 Lakhs (ex-showroom, Delhi)
Tata Altroz is the most good looking hatchback in its segment. Thanks to Impact 2.0 design language. However, the company does not get much to prove with its turbocharged petrol engine. For customer, who wish to own a feature loaded, luxurious and practical hatchback can go for the Tata Altroz anyday.
- Engine – 1199cc (Petrol); 1497cc (Diesel); 1199cc (Turbo Petrol)
- Power – 85BHP (Petrol); 89BHP (Diesel); 108BHP (Turbo Petrol)
- Torque – 113Nm (Petrol); 200Nm (Diesel); 140Nm (Turbo Petrol)
- Price – Rs.5.69 Lakhs to Rs.9.46 Lakhs (ex-showroom, Delhi)