We live in that age and time where cybersecurity is the process that keeps everything networked and out of harm’s way, from internet banking to government infrastructure, and thus, network protection is no longer an optional extra. Cyber-attack is now an international concern, as high-profile breaches have given many concerns that hacks and other security attacks could endanger the global economy. Computer networks will forever be the target of criminals, and it can be argued that the danger of cyber-security breaches will only increase in the future as networks continue to expand. Having the right level of preparation and specialist assistance is vital to minimize and control damage, and recover from a cyber breach and its consequences. And because of that we are having amplified demand in the sector of cybersecurity. In this demanding sector, you have to be the one who has expertise in your sector.
We have come up with online courses on edX which can be helpful for you to enhance your expertise in this sector:
What is edX all about?
edX offers you online opportunity to do courses that can build your skills and advance your career. Not only in this sectors, it has a lot more for you. But today, we came across some of them for cybersecurity expertise. Learn cybersecurity and other in-demand subjects with courses from top universities and institutions around the world on edX. This online portal offers you a wide variety of courses which includes Cyber Security Basics, Network Security, Cyber Security Fundamentals, Cyber Security Economics.
Cyber Security Basics
In this course you will learn the basic structure of cybersecurity first which is included in the below-mentioned points:
- An extensive overview of the various branches of computing security
- Cybersecurity concepts, issues, and tools that are critical in solving problems in the computing security domain
- Essential techniques in protecting systems
- Monitoring potential threats and attacks, devising and implementing security solutions for organizations large or small
In this course, you will learn process, techniques and tools for performing a digital forensics investigation to obtain data related to computer crimes.
- The principles and techniques for digital forensics investigation and the spectrum of available computer forensics tools
- Core forensics procedures to ensure court admissibility of evidence, as well as the legal and ethical implications
- To perform a forensic investigation on both Unix/Linux and Windows systems with different file systems
- To identify and apply appropriate forensics tools to acquire, preserve and analyze system image
- Review and critique a forensics report
Cybersecurity Risk Management
In this course, you will learn key principles of risk analysis, risk assessment and risk mitigation for information security using both qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
- general information security risk management framework and its practices
- how to identify and model information security risks and apply both qualitative and quantitative risk assessment methods
- identify information security related threats, vulnerability, determine the risk level, define controls and safeguards, and conduct cost-benefit analysis or business impact analysis
In this course you will learn the process of network security, including intrusion detection, evidence collection, network auditing, and contingency planning against attacks.
- examine the various areas of network security including intrusion detection, evidence collection and defense against cyber attacks
- principles and concepts of wired and wireless data network security
- explore various mechanisms for securing data networks including physical layer mechanisms, filters, applications and encryption
This course will demonstrate the knowledge and skills acquired in the Cybersecurity MicroMasters Program. Before enrolling in the Cybersecurity Capstone, you must successfully complete and pass the four courses in the RITx Cybersecurity MicroMasters program as a verified learner. After that you’ll be able to:
- find implementing solutions to secure computer systems and networks
- performing digital forensic investigations of real world cases
- detecting and investigating network intrusions