BCCI president Sourav Ganguly on Sunday said that the Women’s IPL is “very much on”. This ended the speculation about the parent body not having a plan for Harmanpreet Kaur and her team.
The men’s IPL will take place between September 19 and November 8 and 10 in the UAE. It is due to the surge in COVID-19 cases in India. The Challenger series will also be fit in to the schedule, as per the BCCI chief.
Another senior official said that women’s Challenger will take place during the last phase of IPL like last year.
“The women’s Challenger series is likely to be held between November 1 and 10 and there could be a camp before that,” a source said.
Ganguly also said that the centrally contracted women players will have a camp, which has been delayed due to prevailing situation in the country.
“We couldn’t have exposed any of our cricketers — be it male or female to health risk. It would have been dangerous,” Mr. Ganguly said. “The NCA also remained shut because of COVID-19. But we have a plan in place and we will have a camp for women, I can tell you that.”