Xiaomi Phones, a Chinese smartphone Goliath, which made a bang for buck motto, their company ideology and delivered what the other big sharks of the market weren’t able to. The current year has been a great one for Xiaomi in India as it became the best smartphone brand recently.
In this article, I am taking you through 5 best selling Xiaomi smartphones in 2018.
Redmi 5A: Meant for budget smartphone buyers, Redmi 5A is priced around Rs 6,000. Amongst the cheapest of all Redmi smartphones, this one comes with 2 GB RAM, 16 GB ROM, and 12MP primary camera. With the exception of only an IR emitter which aids as a remote control to a variety of devices, the smartphone is very basic and makes a very basic entry to the smartphone industry. This ensured its sale among the new crowd which asks for a smartphone.
- The Xiaomi Redmi 5A was sold at ₹4,999 as an introductory offer
- It is virtually identical to the Redmi 4A in terms of specifications
- Battery life is good, but camera quality is only just about acceptable
Redmi Note 5 Pro: The one smartphone is a mid-budget range too offer dual camera setup & a stunning front camera. This smartphone went blank in numbers when sold via exclusive flash sales. This Xiaomi smartphone clicks stunning photos and selfies. Powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 Processor, the Redmi Note 5 Pro boasts of 4GB RAM, 64 GB ROM and is priced at Rs 14,999.
- The Redmi Note 5 Pro features the Snapdragon 636 SoC and an 18:9 display
- General performance is good and the camera offers decent bokeh effects
- The Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro is priced starting at ₹13,999
Redmi Note 5: A cheaper version of Redmi Note 5 Pro, this model comes at Rs 9,999 in 3GB RAM and 32GB ROM version. It comes with a 12MP rear camera and 5MP front camera. This was more of a limited variant of the Redmi Note 5 Pro variant which was successful to gain its share of sales figure & left the smartphone market shook.
- The Redmi Note 5 is the successor to the popular Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
- It is powered by a Snapdragon 625 processor and has a 4000mAh battery
- The Redmi Note 5 sports a big 5.99-inch 18:9 display
Redmi 5: Redmi 5 costs a thousand less than Redmi Note 5 and comes with 3GB RAM and 32GB ROM. This smartphone was sold with USP of a good Snapdragon 450 processor with the incoming taller display. It was more resembling in look to the Redmi Note 4 series and was a better buy option for those with a limited budget for their smartphone buy.
- The Redmi 5 offers a powerful processor and 18:9 screen at a low cost
- The three variants have different amounts of RAM and storage
- Battery life is great, but the cameras are a bit disappointing
Mi A2: Xiaomi’s Mi A2 was another phone which captured the market after its predecessor Mi A1, the smartphone boasts a fast and powerful processor Snapdragon 660 paired with 4GB RAM & 64 GB ROM. This is far pricier among the bunch of other phones and it often is compared to the more mid-range smartphone. It boasts the Android One program and gives a very stock experience. It gives a very fast and snappy experience among all of the bunch and delivers to what the price asks for.
- The Mi A2 has a 5.9-inch full-HD+ display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- It is powered by the Snapdragon 660 processor and has 4GB of RAM
- The Mi A2 supports Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 4+
Together, these five handsets accounted for 26% of overall smartphone shipments in the first quarter of the current financial year. Xiaomi’s shipments grew 10% sequentially and more than two-fold annually, according to the IDC report.