Dota 2 is one of the biggest Esports video games. During the recent The Invitational which is the biggest Dota 2 tournament of the year, Valve announced update 7.23, as a part of the Dota 2 Outlanders update which is live now. The update adds two new heroes namely, Void Spirit and Snapfire alongside tons of smaller balance changes to existing items and heroes. Here’s everything you need to know:
Void Spirit has now officially arrived as a hero in Dota 2. Here’s what he is capable of:
Void Spirit dispatches a remnant aspect of himself to stand sentinel over a small area. The remnant peers in a single direction, waiting to pull in and damage enemies that cross its gaze.
Void Spirit temporarily fades into the aether, creating a number of portals through which he can reassemble himself and cause damage to enemies in the area where he reappears.
Void Spirit wraps himself in a protective shield that absorbs physical damage and emits a single damaging pulse around him. The shield gains increased damage absorption for each enemy hero the pulse hits.
Void Spirit consumes a charge to rip through reality into the astral plane, damaging all enemies along the rift path and inflicting a void mark that slows and detonates for significant damage.
Another hero that Valve has added is Snapfire.
Snapfire unloads with a wide blast from her trusty scattergun that damages and slows enemies. Particularly effective at point-blank range.
Snapfire feeds a potent cookie to Mortimer or an ally, causing them to hop a short distance. The hopping unit stuns and damages enemies in the landing zone.
Snapfire unleashes a volley of fixed-damage attacks with her lizard-mounted battle cannons, gaining rapid fire and bonus attack range while slowing the attack speed of enemies she hits.
Snapfire rears up on Mortimer, guiding his aim as he launches burning globs of firespit that damage on impact and linger on the ground to slow enemies and cause more damage over time.
- Each player now has their own courier automatically
- Courier now gains levels when your hero gains levels
- Courier movement speed reduced from 380 to 275
- Courier health reduced from 75 to 70
- Courier now provides 85 GPM while it is alive (this replaces the base 91 GPM that previously existed)
- Courier passively gains +10 movement speed, +10 health and +2 GPM increase per level
- Courier gains flying movement at level 5
- Courier gains Speed Burst active ability at level 10 (6-second duration +50% MS, 120 CD)
- Courier gains ability to use wards at level 15
- Courier gains Shield active ability at level 20 (2s duration, 200 CD)
- Courier gains ability to use items in general at level 25
- Courier vision reduced from 350 to 200
- Courier team bounty is now 25 + 5 * Level, xp is 35 + 20 * Level
- Courier respawn time changed from 120/180 ground/flying to 50 + 7 * Level
- Courier Return Items ability will now cause the courier to return home even if it doesn’t have items
Some other major changes:
- Every player now starts with their own courier to transport items for them instead of the entire team sharing one.
- Couriers can now place wards that give vision over parts of the map shrouded by fog of war once you reach level 15.
- Observer wards are now free.
- You start the game with three town portal scrolls.
- Heroes can now level past 25 to 30, unlocking their entire talent tree when they do.
- The side shops are gone and replaced with outposts, a new type of building that provides bonus XP, gold, and can be teleported to by whoever controls it.
- Computer-controlled enemies (Neutrals) now randomly drop one of 62 items, including the new Phoenix Ash, which keeps a player alive for five extra seconds after dying.
- A bunch of existing items and heroes were reworked.
- Stout shield has been removed from the game (RIP).