Super Mario Maker 2 is a side-scrolling game developed by Nintendo. The game is developed for Nintendo Switch. Players can create and publish levels in the game. Players can base their courses on the gameplay, and visual style of Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, and New Super Mario Bros. U, which all share the physics of the latter. The game was released in June 2019. Super Mario Maker 2 also features a new single-player campaign known as Story Mode. The story follows Mario, Toadette, and several other toads helping to rebuild Princess Peach’s Castle.
Nintendo revealed today that they are bringing The Legend of Zelda’s Link and Master Sword to the game. Nintendo released a trailer on youtube:
Players can use the Master Sword pickup to transform Mario into The Legend of Zelda’ Link
The crossover event is bringing some more items, apart from the Link:
- Dash Block: Available in the Super Mario 3D World style, the Dash Block course part gives Mario a major speed burst when stepped on.
- Frozen Coin: These coins are surrounded by a block of ice and can only be released if melted by fireballs or other fire elements, including a certain angry sun.
- P Block: When a P Switch is hit in the course, invisible P Blocks temporarily turn into hard platforms, or vice-versa.
- Spike: This classic enemy coughs up massive spike balls and launches them at Mario. If used in the snow environment, Spike will toss snowballs instead!
- Pokey: The iconic stacked cactus from multiple Super Mario games joins Super Mario Maker 2 for the first time. Players can even edit the height of each Pokey.