In first Independence Day speech of his second tenure, Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the nation from Red fort. From here, talked about his road-plan for the coming future, which will make India one nation in true sense.
Some glimpses from the Independence Day celebrations in Delhi this morning. pic.twitter.com/nUMgn1JJHg
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) August 15, 2019
HIGHLIGHTS OF SPEECH:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi fulfilled India’s long-lived dream of getting a Chief of Defence Staff post. It is being hailed as one of the biggest military reform in India. Lt Gen D.B. Shekatkar committee had suggested that the post of Chief of Defence Staff should be headed by a four-star Chief.
- He promised to bring in the investment of Rs. 100 lakh crore for creating modern infrastructure. The Prime Minister also laid importance on bringing India at par with other global nations. He also told how India has strived well in improving its “Ease of doing business” rankings.
- Narendra Modi also talked about the scrapping of Article 370. He said that the special status of the erstwhile state was not able to do justice with the aspirations of the people in Kashmir.
- He also slammed the previous government for continuing with the same old mindest where due recognition was not given to the Kashmiri aspirations. He said if the provision of Article 370 was so special, then why it was never made permanent in nature.
- Prime Minister also attacked Pakistan for harboring terrorism. He also iterated his government’s stand on curbing terrorism strongly.
- He urged the people to travel to at least 15 tourist destinations in India for promoting domestic tourism potential in India. He said that India has a huge scope of improvement in tourism.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi also talked about freeing Muslim women from the evils of Triple Talaq. He lauded his government for coming out with landmark legislation that criminalized the practice.
- Narendra Modi also applauded the efforts of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) for the successful launch of India’s indigenous moon mission- Chandrayaan 2.
- Prime Minister also mooted the idea of simultaneous elections. He called for ‘One Nation, One Election’. He said such an idea will go a long way in ensuring the need for democratic discussions on the issue.
- He also reminded the nation of previous legislation and efforts by his government that has heralded the era of One India. He talked about GST, One Mobility card and One Grid concept.
- He showed his concern over the issues of ‘Population explosion’.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced ambitious ‘Jal Jeevan Mission’. While addressing the nation, he emphasized on water conservation and told that the mentioned mission will help to provide piped potable water to every rural household by 2024. For this, He vowed that his government will invest 3.5 lakh crore.