RJD Leader Tejashwi Yadav on Friday announced fresh seat sharing arrangements in Bihar with its allies including Indian National Congress, Upendra Kushwaha‘s RLSP, Jitan Ram Manjhi‘s HAM and others for the upcoming Lok Sabha Polls 2019. As per the seat sharing agreement, RJD will contest on 19 Seats in the state, while Congress bags 9 Seats in the pre-poll alliance in the state.
Briefing the media on the occasion Bihar Leader of Opposition Tejashwi Yadav said RJD will contest on 19 seats including Bhagalpur, Banka, Madhyapura, and Darbhanga. The Bihar Grand Alliance has also announced Candidates on around 30 seats of the state out of the total 40.
As per the poll pact, RJD will contest on 19, Congress on 9, RLSP on 5, and 3 Seats each have been given to Hindustani Awam Morcha and Vikasheel Insaf party, a-lone seat of Aarh to CPI-ML.
Tejashwi Yadav, RJD on Bihar mahagathbandhan seat-sharing: Sharad Yadav to contest from Madhepura, Sarfraz Alam from Araria and Misa Bharti from Pataliputra. https://t.co/yZmZYV9GQq
— ANI (@ANI) March 29, 2019
Bihar mahagathbandhan releases seat-sharing agreement for 40 Lok Sabha seats. RJD to contest on 19 seats, Congress on 9 seats, RLSP on 5 seats, HAM(S) on 3 seats, VIP on 3 seats and CPI(ML) on 1 seat. pic.twitter.com/leJ9DhHUGS
— ANI (@ANI) March 29, 2019
Apart from all these allies, Sharad Yadav who floated his own party Loktantrik Janata Dal (LJD) has been offered one seat but will contest on RJD Symbol.
RJD Chief also announced that Sharad Yadav will contest from Madhepura, Sarfraz Alam from Araria and Misa Bharti from Pataliputra.
Candidates announced by the Grand Alliance include:
Rashtriya Janta Dal (RJD)
- Bulo Mandal from Bhagalpur
- Jai Prakash Yadav from Banka
- Sharad Yadav from Madhepur
- Abdul Bari Siddiqui from Darbhanga
- Raghuvansh Babu from Vaishali
- Surendra Ram alias Mahant from Gopalganj
- Heena Sahab from Siwan
- Randhir Singh from Maharajganj
- Chandrika Rai from Saran
- Shiv Chander Ram from Hajipur
- Tanveer Hasan from Begusarai
- Misa Bharti from Pataliputa
- Jagdanand Singh from Buxur
- Surendra Yadav from Jahanabad
- Vibha Devi from Nawada
- Gulab Yadav from Jhanjharpur
- Sarfaraz Alam from Arari
- Arhun Rai from Sitamarhi
The party has not announced its candidate on Sheohar Parliamentary Seat.
- Mohd Javed from Kishanganj
- Tariq Anwar from Katihar
- Uday Singh alias Pappu Singh from Purnia
- Ranjeet Ranjan from Supaul
- Ashok Kumar from Samastipur
- Neelam Devi from Munger
- Meira Kumar from Sasaram
The party is yet to announce candidates on Valmiki Nagar and Patna Sahib Lok Sabha Seat.
Rashtriya Lok Samta Party (RLSP)
- Bhudev Choudhary from Jamui
While Upendra Kushwaha’s party is yet to announce candidates on Paschim Champaran, Purvi Champaran, Ujiarpur, Karakat Lok Sabha Seats.
Hindustani Awam Morcha (HAM)
- Ashok Kumar Azad Chandervanshi from Nalanda
- Upendra Prasad from Aurangabad
- Jitan Ram Manjhi from Gaya
Vikasheel Insaan Party (VIP)
- Mukesh Saini from Khagaria
- Dr Rajbhushan Choudhary Nishad from Muzaffarpur
While the party has not yet declared its candidate on Madhubani Parliamentary Seat
The party has been offered Arah Lok Sabha Seat
The mega Opposition alliance will take on the BJP–JDU Alliance in the upcoming General elections. The BJP who had stitched an alliance with Nitish Kumar and Ram Vilas Paswan‘s LJP has already announced the seat sharing arrangement with JD(U) and BJP each on 17 while 6 for LJP.
The BJP led Alliance has also distributed Lok Sabha Seats with Nawada going to LJP’s kitty this time. The NDA have announced candidates on 39 Lok Sabha Seats till now in Bihar.
General Elections are slated for April-May this year that would spread on Seven Phases starting from April 11 to May 19. Election Commission had on Sunday declared schedule for General Elections 2019. Results for the crucial Lok Sabha Polls will be announced on May 23 four days after the 7th phase of voting.
Bihar will go to polls on all 40 Lok Sabha seat in seven phases.
- Lok Sabha Polls 2019: Day after Joining Congress; party fields Urmila Matondkar from Mumbai North Seat
- Andhra Polls: Arvind Kejriwal seeks Votes for Chandrababu Naidu; many top leaders set to Campaign for TDP
- Lok Sabha Polls 2019: Congress fields Ashok Gehlot’s son from Jodhpur; announces 31 more Candidates