The party named Ravi Kishan to contest from Gorakhpur Parliamentary seat who will take on Mahagathbanddhan’s Rambhual Nishad. The party has dropped Sharad Tripathi from Sant Kabir Sagar. He has been replaced by Praveen Nishad. Praveen Nishad of Nishad Party has recently joined Bhartiya Janata Party after fail alliance talks with Samajwadi party.
Lok Sabha Elections 2019: Bharatiya Janata Party announces list of seven candidates for Uttar Pradesh ; Ravi Kishan (in file pic) to contest from Gorakhpur and Praveen Nishad to contest from Sant Kabir Nagar (Sharad Tripathi is the sitting MP from Sant Kabir Nagar) pic.twitter.com/myUwtpOF50
— ANI UP (@ANINewsUP) April 15, 2019
Sharad Tripathi, sitting MP from Sant Kabir Nagar was dropped after his name hit headline after he was involved a dog fight with a BJP lawmaker.
READ: Yogi Adityanath’s stern warning over BJP legislator’s dog fight; won’t be tolerated says UP CM
Here are the other names announced by the Party in the latest list:
- Sangam Lal Gupta from Pratapgarh
- Mukul Bihari from Ambedkar Nagar
- Praveen Nishad from Sant Kabir Nagar
- Ravi Kishan from Gorakhpur
- Ramapati Ram Tripathi from Deoria
- KP Singh from Jaunpur
- Ramesh Bind from Bhadohi
With this, The party has now declared candidates on 402 Parliamentary Seats.
Bhartiya Janta Party earlier in its first list of 184 Candidates announced Prime Minister Narendra Modi contesting from Varanasi, BJP President Amit Shah from Gandhi Nagar. While the party in its other lists declared BJP Spokesperson Sambit Patra from Puri, Odisha, Smriti Irani from Amethi, Rajnath Singh from Lucknow, among others.
Lok Sabha Polls 2019 has already begun and 91 constituencies across 20 Staes and UTs have voted on April 11 as a part of Phase-I of Voting. General Elections 2019 would spread on Seven Phases starting from April 11 to May 19.
Counting of Votes and Results for the mega Battle of ballots will be announced on May 23 four days after the 7th phase of voting.
- Lok Sabha Polls 2019: EC issues notice to Doordarshan over ‘Disproportionate’ Coverage time to BJP
- Lok Sabha Polls 2019: Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) fields Mahesh Inder Singh Grewal from Ludhiana
- Lok Sabha Polls: EC bans Yogi Adityanath from Campaigning for 72 hours, Mayawati for 48 hours for Poll Code Violation