Gearing up for the Lok Sabha Polls which are now days away, the Indian National Congress on Monday released its 17th list of 9 Candidates for the mega battle of ballots. The Rahul Gandhi-led party in the list named one candidate from Gujarat, two from Maharashtra and 6 from Rajasthan.
In the finalized list, the party named Krishna Punia against Rajyavardhan Rathore in Jaipur rural seat. The Congress Central Election Commission has selected following candidates for the upcoming Lok Sabha Polls 2019.
- AJ Patel from Mahesana
- Dr. Ulhas Patil from Raver
- Mohan Joshi from Pune
- Bharatram Meghwal from Ganganagar (SC)
- Krishna Punia from Jaipur Rural
- Rijju Jhunjhunuwala from Ajmer
- Devkinandan Gurjar from Rajsamand
- Rampal Sharma from Bhilwara
- Pramod Sharma from Jhalawar-Baran Seat
— ANI (@ANI) April 1, 2019
With this list, Congress has now released a total of 328 Candidates with a total of 24 Candidates in Maharashtra where the party has decided to go in an alliance with NCP. In Rajasthan and Gujarat, the party has now named 25 and 15 Candidates respectively.
Party in a run-up to the national elections has named Priya Dutt for Mumbai North Central Seat, Urmila Matondkar from Mumbai North while in Uttar Pradesh Party Chief Raj Babbar has been named from Fatehpur Sikri Lok Sabha Seat
Party in its first list maintaining the tradition has fielded its President Rahul Gandhi from Amethi, while United Progressive Alliance Chairperson Sonia Gandhi will be on electoral fray from home turf – Rae Bareli.
Apart from this, the Congress President will also contest from Wayanad Lok Sabha Seat in Kerela.
Ruling Bhartiya Janta Party has also started rolling out lists of Candidates with PM Modi seeking re-election from Varanasi Parliamentary Seat, BJP President Amit Shah contesting from Gandhinagar Seat replacing LK Advani.
Lok Sabha Polls are slated for April-May this year that would spread on Seven Phases starting from April 11 to May 19.
Counting of Votes and Results for the mega Battle of ballots will be announced on May 23 four days after the 7th phase of voting.
- Lok Sabha Polls 2019: Shiromani Akali Dal(SAD) releases the first list of 5 Candidates in Punjab
- Lok Sabha Polls: PM Modi skips NRC, Citizenship in Assam Rallies; promises Assam Accord, ST Status to 6 Communities
- Lok Sabha Polls 2019: BSP releases second list of 6 Candidates in UP; names Manoj Aggarwal against Salman Khurshid in Farrukhabad