US debunks reports that Indian EAM S Jaishankar shared Kashmir plans with Mike Pompeo

Must Read

Howdy, Modi! : World media reactions on Modi-Trump’ grand Houston Event address

New Delhi, Sep 23: United States President Donald Trump and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi on late Sunday shared...

Howdy Modi : Modi-Trump mark history in US-India relationship with great show at Houston

Houston, Sep 22:  Modi, delivering his speech at the historic event, talks about the development underwent over five years...

ECI announces dates of Maharashtra & Haryana elections; Single Phase Election on October 21; Result on 24th

Election Commission of India has announced the dates of much-awaited state elections. According to the Chief Election Commissioner, Sunil...

Washington DC/Islamabad, August 8: A top-level US diplomat has on Wednesday dismissed reports India shared its plan about scrapping Article 370 and removing the special status for Indian-occupied Kashmir (IOK) with the United States.

The US Bureau of South and Central Asian Affairs issued an official statement that read: “Contrary to press reporting, the Indian government did not consult or inform the US government before moving to revoke IOK’s special constitutional status.”

The statement has been attributed to Alice Wells, the assistant secretary for South Asia, who is expected to pay an official visit to Pakistan, according to Dawn news reports.

Indian media reports citing sources had claimed external affairs minister S Jaishankar had apprised US secretary of state Mike Pompeo on August 1 about the Kashmir plan. It has suggested both the nations had communicated over the issue several times.

It was claimed earlier in February after two days of deadly Pulwama terror attack, Indian national security advisor (NSA) Ajit Doval had made a phone call to White House national security advisor John Bolton, during which they discussed the plans to end the special status of Kashmir.

Similarly, it was also said the Jaishankar had briefed the UNSC (United Nations Security Council) five-permanent member states and international media over the scrapping of Article 370 of the Indian constitution and also the bifurcation of Kashmir.

The US statement infers Washington has removed itself from the questionable Indian activity after Pakistan’s extraordinary response.

Pakistan foreign minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi had, in his discourse at the joint session of parliament, asserted the Pakistan government was not gotten unprepared. He said a letter kept in touch with the UN secretary-general on Aug 1 had referenced Pakistan’s worries about the conceivable Indian activity of ending occupied-Kashmir’s self-rule, while European Union (EU) nations were informed about it on Aug 3.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -

Latest News

Three burnt to death in Jharkahnd accident

Ranchi, Sep 23 (IANS) Three people were burnt to death on Monday when a coal-laden truck fell on a...

Israeli-Arab bloc backs Netanyahu’s rival Gantz (Lead)

Jerusalem, Sep 23 (IANS) Joint List, an Israeli-Arab bloc, has backed former Army chief Benny Gantz to become the country's new Prime Minister and...

Delhi Transport Minister calls meeting on Odd-Even

New Delhi, Sep 23 (IANS) Delhi Transport Minister Kailash Gahlot on Monday called a meeting of concerned departments and stakeholders to plan the Odd-Even...

INX Media case: Indrani’s statement not credible, says PC

New Delhi, Sep 23 (IANS) Indrani Mukherjee's statements are not credibile, former Finance Minister P. Chidambaram said in a reply on the status report...

No Monday Blues: Sensex up over 1,200 points

Mumbai, Sep 23 (IANS) Bull run in the domestic stock markets continued for the second straight day as the BSE Sensex rose over 1,200...
- Advertisement -

More Articles Like This