State Bank of India has announced its move to make credit cards more mainstream by providing it to users with less or no credit history. After the move was made public, a lot of people started asking us about the steps to follow in order to apply for Unnati Credit Card. In this post, I am going to explain the steps needed in order to apply for an SBI Unnati Credit Card.
Requirements for SBI Unnati Credit Card
- Savings or Current Account in State Bank of India or any other State Bank (State Bank of Hyderabad, State Bank of Patiala, State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur, State Bank of Mysore, State Bank of Travancore)
- Minimum 6 months of relationship with the bank (Savings or Current Account or a loan)
- Minimum 21 years of age of the applicant
- At least ₹20,000 average balance in account for last 3 months
- Valid ID and Address Proof
For the people who have not used credit card in the past, there are a few things to keep in mind. Most of them are pretty general, however, you need to keep in mind that credit card is a form of a loan given to you by the bank. If you are unable to pay the due amount in time, it may effect your credit score as well as the relationship of the bank. So before you apply for the credit card, make sure it is really needed.
Steps to apply for the Unnati Credit Card by SBI
- Make sure your account is operated since at least 6 months in SBI or other associate banks.
- Also, make sure that the minimum average balance maintained in the account for last 3 months is at least ₹20,000. You will be given preference if the maintained balance is more.
- To apply for the credit card, you can either visit your branch or call SBI phone banking. Tell them your requirements that you are applying for the Unnati credit card.
- If you are applying through the branch, it will ask you to fill a form on the spot. If the application is made by phone banking, they will either ask you to visit your branch at a specific given time, or will send an executive to your address to get the form filled and collect documents.
- SBI will require an address proof and ID proof to process the application. Giving Aadhaar details will further strengthen your application. Also, if you have not linked Aadhaar card to the bank account yet, it will be advised to do the same.
- Once the application form is filled, you will get an application number on the registered mobile number. It will take 10-15 working days before your credit card is dispatched to the given address.
Check the below video for a detailed analysis of the card along with more information.
I hope the information given in the article above was useful. If you have any queries, feel free to write in the comments section and we will reply at the earliest.