For those of you who can no longer install a jailbreak but still want to play Nintendo DS games on their iPhone or iPad, take a look at HappyChick Emulator app. It provides access to hundreds of Nintendo games, all free to play, and it’s very easy to install too. Playing retro console games on iOS devices has always been a huge reason for people to jailbreak, but now, with apps like HappyChick available without Cydia, that ability is now open to many more people.
HappyChick is full of useful features. It is one of the top-rated emulator apps, and there are several very good reasons for that:
- You no longer need a jailbreak to enjoy all your favorite retro Nintendo games on your iOS device
- It is completely free
- Plenty of in-app customizations, such as vibration mode, control settings, sound and more
- Directly download ROMS via HappyChick
- Auto-save so you can resume your game where you left off
- Easy user interface
- Support for cheat codes
- Built-in web browser
- Dropbox support
- Supports all iOS devices
- Loads more great features
How to Install HappyChick on iOS:
HappyChick Emulator is not an app you can get from the official app store. Apple doesn’t allow anything other than iOS games to be supported on their devices and this type of app goes against that. That said, downloading it is very simple; all you need is a third-party app installer called AppValley app.
- Open Safari browser on your device and go to the AppValley VIP download page
- Follow the guide to download it to your iPhone or iPad – when you see AppValley on your home screen, the installation has been successful
- Tap on the app icon to open AppValley
- Tap on Emulators and search for HappyChick
- Tap the result and then tap on Get
- Tap Install and follow the on-screen directions
- When its done HappyChick is on your home screen
Fixing the Untrusted Developer Error:
When you tap the app icon, the first thing you will see is an Untrusted Developer error. This is nothing serious; because it is an unofficial app, the developer is not known to Apple and, as such, is not trusted. That is down to you, and it’s very easy:
- Open your iOS Settings app
- Tap on General and go to Profiles and Device Management
- Find the developer name in the list of profiles and tap on it
- Tap on the Trust button and close Settings
Now you can use HappyChick for all your console games.
How to Download ROMS:
This is actually very easy to do but, first, we do need to make it clear that downloading ROMS is illegal unless you already own the physical disc copy of the game. If you do opt to go ahead and download ROMs, make sure that you only download from reputable sites otherwise you could be downloading nothing more than a bundle of trouble:
- Open HappyChick and tap the Search icon
- A browser will open to a Google web page that is populated with ROM results
- Choose a result and choose a game that you want to download
- Click on the Download button and wait; your chosen game will be downloaded to your device
- The game is available through HappyChick.
Happy Chick Emulator is definitely one of the most popular games emulator apps and is perfect for those who miss their Nintendo games on their devices. Using AppValley app installer is the easiest way to install it, and it provides you with thousands of other apps and games. An unofficial app store, AppValley is packed with modified games, tweaked stock apps, Cydia tweaks, other emulator apps and much more.
Try HappyChick today and enjoy playing your retro games.