Gearing up for the Lok Sabha Polls and State Polls in Odisha that slated to be clubbed, Biju Janta Dal Chief Naveen Patnaik on Wednesday declared another list of 36 Candidates for Odisha State Polls. The Odisha ruling party in its first list announced Incumbent Chief Minister Patnaik will contest from Hinjili and Bijepur assembly constituencies.
Odisha: Biju Janata Dal (BJD) releases a list of 36 candidates for state assembly elections pic.twitter.com/KwY7hdZyp6
— ANI (@ANI) March 27, 2019
BJD Chief Naveen Patnaik who has already made it clear that he will not go with an alliance and will contest polls on its own announced names another 36 in addition to 54 names already announced. The 36 names include:
- Sanjay Kumar Das Bu Satyabadi from Brahmagiri
- Umakant Samantray from Satyabadi
- Satyanarayan Pradhan from Ranapur
- Dr. Arun Kumar Sahoo from Nayagarh
- Ashok Chandra Panda from Ekamra-BBSR
- Debi Prasad Mishra from Baramba-Narsinghpur
- Debi Ranjan Tripath from Banki
- Ranendra Pratap Swain from Athagarh
- Souvic Biswal from Choudwar-Cuttack
- Sudhir Kumar Samal from Dhenkanal
- Simarani Nayak from Hindol
- Prafulla Kumar Malli from Kamakhyanag
- Nrusingha Charan Sah from Parjanga
- Braja Kishore Pradhan from Talcher
- Rajani Kant Singh from Angul
- Kishore Chandra Nayak from Kuchinda
- Sushant Kumar Behera from Chhendipada
- Premananda Naik from Telkoi
- Badri Narayan Patra from Ghasipura
- Jagannatha Naik from Patna
- Madhav Sardar from Keonjhar
- Basanti Hembram from Karanjia
- Ananta Das from Bhograi
- Sudhansu Sekhar Parida from Remuna
- Prafulla Samal from Bhandaripokhan
- Bishnu Brata Routray from Basudevpur
- Byomakesh Ray from Chandabali
- Jyoti Prakash Panigrahi from Simulia
- Smt.Pramila Mallik from Binjharpur
- Pranab Ku.Balabantaray from Dharmala
- Pritiranjan Gharai from Sukinda
- Bed Prakash Agarwalla from Pathura
- Atanu Sabyasachi Nayak from Mahakalpada
- Pratap Keshari Deb from Aul
- Pratap Jena from Mahanga
- Prashanta Behera from Salipur
While the party in the day has also announced candidates on 9 Lok Sabha Seats. The Odisha ruling party as of now has released 90 candidates for the state elections that are slated to conduct along with General Elections.
General Elections are slated for April-May this year that would spread on Seven Phases starting from April 11 to May 19. Election Commission had on Sunday declared schedule for General Elections 2019.
The Counting of votes for the mega battle of ballots will take place on May 23, four days after last round of polling.
The Odisha State Polls will be clubbed with the General Elections 2019. The State will Poll in four rounds of Polling starting from April 11. The State has a total of 147 State Assembly while having 21 Lok Sabha Seats.
Currently, BJD has 117 lawmakers in the state assembly.
- Lok Sabha Polls 2019: BJD releases the second list of 9 Candidates; names Pinaki Mishra against Sambit Patra in Puri
- Lok Sabha Polls 2019: Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia, Bhagwant Mann in AAP’s Star Campaigners List
- Lok Sabha Elections 2019: PM Modi to kick off poll Campaign with one day visit to Jammu and Kashmir