Gearing up for the General Elections 2019, the Bhartiya Janta Party on Tuesday declared 3 more Candidates in addition to 360 Candidates released by the party in a run-up to the Lok Sabha Polls 2019. The Saffron Party as a part of its 15th list named 2 Candidates from its Stronghold Gujarat while a candidate from Kerela.
The Centre ruling party who is seeking another term in the office named following Candidates for the mega battle of ballots.
- Sharda Ben Patel (W/O of Late Anil Bhai Patel, Former Minister) from Mahesana
- Darshana Jardosh from Surat
- Suresh Gopi from Thrissur
Bharatiya Janata Party releases list of candidates for parliamentary constituencies of Mahesana and Surat in Gujarat and Thrissur in Kerala. pic.twitter.com/gRfDPPz3wT
— ANI (@ANI) April 2, 2019
In Gujarat, the party had in 2014 registered a clean sweep victory.
With this list, the party has now declared a total of 363 Candidates in a run-up to the General Elections 2019. In Gujarat that sends 26 Parliamentarians to the lower house, the party has so far now declared candidates on 24 Parliamentary Seats.
Bhartiya Janta Party earlier in its first list of 184 Candidates announced Prime Minister Narendra Modi contesting from Varanasi, BJP President Amit Shah from Gandhi Nagar. While party in its other lists declared BJP Spokesperson Sambit Patra from Puri, Odisha, Smriti Irani from Amethi, Rajnath Singh from Lucknow, among others.
While major Opposition Congress has started rolling out the lists of Candidates. The party has so far released over 300 names for the mega battle of ballots.
Election Commission had on March 10 declared schedule for General Elections 2019. Lok Sabha Polls are slated for April-May this year that would spread on Seven Phases starting from April 11 to May 19.
Counting of Votes and Results for the mega Battle of ballots will be announced on May 23 four days after the 7th phase of voting.
26 Seats on Gujarat and 20 seats of Kerela will go to poll for the mega battle of ballots on April 23.
- Lok Sabha Polls: ‘Janta Maaf Nahi Karegi’; BJP unveils Advertisement slamming Congress for Raising Questions
- Lok Sabha Polls: Upset with BJP for anti-labor policies; Trade Unions extend Support to Congress-NCP in Maharashtra
- Lok Sabha Polls 2019: Former Navy Admiral Ramdas to approach EC against Yogi Adityanath’s remarks ‘Modiji Ki Sena’