Gearing up for the Lok Sabha Polls which are now days away, the Indian National Congress on Tuesday released its 12th list of 3 Candidates for the upcoming Lok Sabha Polls. Out of the total 3 Candidates, the party named two from Narendra Modi‘s Bastion Gujarat, and one from Uttar Pradesh that sends maximum parliamentarians to the Lower house.
- Naresh N Maheshwari from Kachchh reserved
- Dharmesh Bhimbhai Patel from Navsari Lok Sabha Seat
- Sanjay Kapoor from Rampur
— ANI (@ANI) March 26, 2019
With the 12th lists, Congress has now released a total of 265 Candidates. In the second list, Party has named Priya Dutt for Mumbai North Central Seat, Milind Deora from Mumbai South, Sushil Kumar Shinde from Solapur reserved seat, among others.
While in Uttar Pradesh Party Chief Raj Babbar has been in fray from Fatehpur Sikri Lok Sabha Elections. Party in its first list maintaining the tradition has fielded its President Rahul Gandhi from Amethi, while United Progressive Alliance Chairperson Sonia Gandhi will be on electoral fray from home turf – Rae Bareli.
While BJP has started rolling out the lists of Candidates. The party has so far released over 320 names for the mega battle of ballots. The Saffron party named PM Narendra Modi from Varanasi, Rajnath Singh from Lucknow, Amit Shah from Gandhinagar, among others.
Election Commission had on March 10 declared schedule for General Elections 2019. Lok Sabha Polls are slated for April-May this year that would spread on Seven Phases starting from April 11 to May 19. Counting of Votes and Results for the mega Battle of ballots will be announced on May 23 four days after the 7th phase of voting.
- Lok Sabha Polls 2019: BJP fields Varun Gandhi from Pilibhit, Maneka Gandhi from Sultanpur; 39 more Candidates
- Lok Sabha Polls 2019: Congress inks tie-up with JMM, JVM in Jharkhand; keeps 7 seats in Alliance
- Lok Sabha Polls 2019: Former MP Jaya Prada joins BJP; to contest against Azam Khan from Rampur