Gearing up for the Lok Sabha Polls which are now weeks away, the Indian National Congress on Friday released the seventh list of 34 Candidates for the upcoming Lok Sabha Polls. Out of the total 35 Candidates, the party named 4 from Chhattisgarh, 3 from Jammu and Kashmir, 5 from Maharashtra, 2 from Odisha, 8 from Tamil Nadu, 9 from Uttar Pradesh.
Apart from this, the party has named each candidate on Telangana and Puducherry while 2 from Tripura.
Congress party releases 7th list of 35 candidates. Renuka Chowdhury to contest from Khammam (Telangana), Imran Pratapgarhi to contest from UP's Moradabad (in place of Raj Babbar), Preeta Harit from UP's Agra, Raj Babbar from UP's Fatehpur Sikri. #LokSabhaElections2019 pic.twitter.com/wLEnMHihSg
— ANI (@ANI) March 22, 2019
Congress party has announced that Imran Pratapgarhi will replace Raj Babbar on Moradabad Lok Sabha Seat. UP Congress Chief Raj Babbar will now contest from Fatehpur Sikri Parliamentary Seat. The Congress Central Election Committee further finalized the names of :
- Atal Shrivastav from Bilaspur Lok Sabha Seat
- Bholaram Sahu from Rajnandgaon
- Pramod Dubey from Raipur
- Dhanendra Sahu from Mahasamund
Jammu and Kashmir
- Vikramaditya Singh from Udhampur
- Raman Bhalla from Jammu
While Srinagar has been left for National Conference
- Vinayak Bangade from Chandrapur
- Vilas Keshavrao Autade from Jalna
- Subhash Zambad from Aurangabad
- Machhindra Kamant from Latur Reserved seat
- Samarendra Mishta from Bolangir
- Saptagiri Ulka from Koraput ST
- Dr A Jayakumar from Tiruvallur reserved
- Dr A Chellakumar from Krishnagiri
- Dr MK Vishnu Prasad from Arani
- Selvi Jothi Mani from Karur
- Su Thirunnavukkarasar from Tiruchirappalli
- H Vasanthakumar from Kanniyakumari
- Renuka Choudhary from Khammam
- Subal Bhowmick from Tripura West
- Pragya Deb Barman from Tripura East ST
- V Vathilingham from a lone seat of UT
- Naseemuddin Siddiqui (in place of Indira Bhatti) from Bijnor
- Imran Pratapgarhiya (in place of Raj Babbar) from Moradabad
- Trilokiram Diwakar from Hathras reserved
- Preeta Harit from Agra SC
- Raj Babbar from Fatehpur Sikri
- Praveen Aron from Bareilly
- Virendra Kumar from Hardoi SC
- Bal Kunwar Patel from Banda
- Girish Chandra Pasi from Kaushambhi SC
With the seventh list, Congress has now released a total of 182 Candidates. In the second list, Party has named Priya Dutt for Mumbai North Central Seat while in Uttar Pradesh.
Party in its first list maintaining the tradition has fielded its President Rahul Gandhi from Amethi, while United Progressive Alliance Chairperson Sonia Gandhi will be on electoral fray from home turf – Rae Bareli.
Election Commission had on March 10 declared schedule for General Elections 2019. Lok Sabha Polls are slated for April-May this year that would spread on Seven Phases starting from April 11 to May 19. Counting of Votes and Results for the mega Battle of ballots will be announced on May 23 four days after the 7th phase of voting.