Intel is now rolling out a new version of its DCH drivers to Windows 10 machines with improvements and fixes. Intel DCH Driver v188.8.131.5209 driver package guarantees full compatibility with the market-leading May 2019 Update for Windows 10. The software provides compatibility with the new driver model and also introduces optimizations for several new games.
The driver is now compliant with the Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) 2.6, and it supports the DirectX 12 Shader Model 6.4 compiler on seventh-generation Intel Core processors or newer, or those with Intel HD Graphics 610 or higher.
Intel says that the driver comes bundled with the early version of the newly-launched Intel Graphics Command Center. Intel Graphics Command Center is a new software that comes with modern design and allows users to customize the graphics settings, optimize visual experience and more.
Aside from that, there’s not a ton that’s new in this update, though it should bring some power savings improvements to integrated displays. In addition to the WDDM compliance and improved DirectX 12 support, developers can look forward to PSO cache for Compute Shaders support and improved performance for Direct3D 12 MetaCommands in DirectML.
The driver does come with a few bug fixes, specifically for gaming:
- Intermittent crashes or hangs may occur in Devil May Cry 5* (DX11).
- Minor graphics anomalies may be observed in Re-Legion*, Arma 3* (6th generation processors only) and Dreamfall the Longest Journey.
- Rise of the Tomb Raider might display an error message when running DX12.
Intel is aware of the following known issues in this release:
- Minor graphics anomalies may be observed in Apex Legends (low-quality settings with TSAA disabled on 6th generation Processors only), Devil May Cry 5* (DX12), Generation Zero, and Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 (DX12).
- Intermittent crashes or hangs may be seen in Anno 1800 (DX12) and World War Z (Vulkan).
- Corruptions may be seen in a video recorded by Cyberlink screen recorder.
You can use Intel Driver & Support Assistant to update the drivers or you can also update the DCH drivers from Intel’s website.