Interpol issues red notices for 20 suspects into US journalist Jamal Khashoggi’s murder: Turkey

Turkey has on Thursday said that the Interpol has issued red notices for some 20 suspects in a connection to the murder of US journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

Jamal Khashoggi, a critic of Saudi Arabia crown prince Mohammed bin Salman, also knows as MBS, was murdered in Saudi consulate of Istanbul last year on October 2.

According to ANI news reports, Ankara’s justice ministry has said it had on November 15, 2018, requested a red notice for accused 18 people and for two others on December 21, 2018.

Turkey has informed that the Interpol general-secretary has issued a red notice for 20 suspects on March 1, 2019, after Ankara’s request was accepted, according to Anadolu news agency.

Saudi, earlier today, has dismissed calls for an independent and international probe into the killing of Khashoggi, arguing it was well equipped to bring justice to the perpetrators, according to reports.

In January, Turkey has said its authority is planning to launch an international-level investigation into the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi in Saudi Arabia and will take several further steps in the upcoming days.

According to Al-Jazeera news reports, while addressing a youth meeting on Monday in Istanbul, Turkish foreign minister Melvut Cavusoglu said Saudi Arabia has not shared any information with Tukey from its own investigation regarding the journalist’s murder.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here