According to ICAI President, Prafful, this scheme has been prepared at International educational standards. He stated, “The focus of new age professionals is on specialistation hence, keeping this in mind various specialised fields like Risk Management, International Taxation, Financial & Capital Market and Global Financial Reporting Standards have been added to the curriculum so that the upcoming generation of CA steps out as an expert in the professional field.”
The ambit of Chartered Accountancy has been spread by the ICAI by opening more professional opportunities for the students. The institute has added more new fields to its range like- Forensic Auditing, Advisory Services and Financial Reporting.
According to Prafful, the fields like Accountancy, Audit, Transaction and Finance are already linked to CA. Though, now students will be able to gather fresh opportunities and can work as Management Specialist, Management Analyst, Training and Development Specialist and also as HR Specialist etc. Adding on, new fields like Cyber Security, Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain and Cryptocurency are good options to choose if you are a CA student.
How to be a Chartered Accountant?
If you have opted commerce as a stream in class 12th and thinks of what to do next then CA is definitely a wise option. Follow the points to step as a CA professional-
- 4 months of Foundation course in CA
- Clear the Foundation course examination, which occurs in November and May every year. Appear in one of them
- Register for intermediate course
- Appear in the intermediate exam of CA after 8 months
- If you clear the exam then 6 months articleship training will be started
- Then you need to clear the exams of both the groups of this training period
- Register for final exam
- Pursue a 3 years articleship training
- Appear for the final exam
- If it gets clear then you can be a CA after enrolling in ICAI
This was one of the options, to look for another options to pursue CA, visit www.icai.org.