iPhone 6 Reportedly Catches Fire In The Hands On An 11-Year Old Girl

bitcoin trading

Rarely does an hone has any issues and these smartphones can be used for years before needing to be upgraded. But, Apple is currently investigating a report of an iPhone 6 that exploded in the hands of an 11-year-old girl in California, partially burning her. Kayla Ramos, the victim was using her iPhone 6 in a sister’s bedroom when the fire took place, and was holding the device when it ignited. After seeing “sparks flying everywhere” from the iPhone, Ramos threw it away from her and onto a nearby blanket.

However, the good news is that the girl, Kayla Ramos, was not hurt and no one else in the area was injured either. Instead, it seems that the only damage was to a blanket. According to Ramos,“I was sitting down, and I had my phone in my hand and then I saw sparks flying everywhere and I just threw it on a blanket. I was right here on the bed and the phone managed to burn through this blanket and make these holes.”

It could have also been damage made to the battery, where lithium-ion batteries have been known to swell and explode, causing fires, if they are damaged from either being dropped or punctured.

It is misty regarding why the handset burst into flames, yet clearly Apple has since connected with Ramos and has offered a substitution and also requested to see the device, apparently to perceive what wasn’t right and what could have made it burst into flames. We have known about such issues before, in spite of the fact that this was normally related to unapproved outsider links and chargers.

It could have also been damage made to the battery, where lithium-ion batteries have been known to swell and explode, causing fires, if they are damaged from either being dropped or punctured.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here